More Indian tourists want to visit Phuket but limited airport slots make it impossible

webfact

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that a slight  increase of 200,000 caused  airport slots to fill.  How was TAT forcast of increasing  tourist numbers in the millions  possible?  

That one indian travel article was interesting .  It implied 800-900 rupees or 26,000 baht spend  a day was a great value in Thailand.  Was that a typo?  Even if it implied  for a family of 4-6 this is a big  number.  

10 hours ago, mlmcleod said:

It is only a 4 hour bus ride from BKK to Phuket.  If that is too much time, I guess they are not motivated to go to Thailand.  Sad to say but Thailand has no idea that Indian tourism is the bottom of the barrel.  

Of course, only the wealthy Indians are coming to Thailand.  I have yet to see any in Pattaya but I am sure that the Thai tourist authorities are correct. 55555

Which bus company is this?

BKK to Phuket is 845km, so the average speed of the bus would need to be 211kph, or 131mph. I can only assume that they are using this rocket-powered bus to make the journey (367mph, Phantom fighter jet engine, 42000 bhp):

The-Indy-Boys-jet-powered-school-bus.jpg

I’ve yet to meet Indians that didn’t nickel and dime me to death on every little transaction. Thais will NOT welcome their group-think (everything done in groups of 5 at a minimum) and stingy bartering “culture”. 

*this comment is based on cultural observations NOT race. Before any leftists or m*ds get any ideas of using the R-word.

13 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Just wondering, how long it will take for any of those gifted present leaders here to propose a second airport,

Start to building new airport for international in Khok Kloi, Phangnga. 5-10 minute drive to sarasin bridge. Will also be good for Kaolak tourist.

Business is busy if they smart to take care the Indian tourist now. 

One of them is Mydeen’s Madras Cafe, which welcomes about 1,000 customers a day. The business has recently opened its third branch near Patong beach as the number of Indian visitors continue to surge.

“It’s dramatically increasing,” Mydeen told CNA. “The number of our customers has increased by 30 to 40 per cent after the visa fee exemption.

On 12/9/2019 at 9:36 AM, Cabradelmar said:

Prepare for an increase in sexual assault... Indian men's reputation in their own country proceeds them... One of the worst countries for women's rights. True story.

Here you go my friend:-

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1137884-american-flees-phuket-after-dislocating-thai-partner’s-jaw-in-jealous-rage/?utm_source=newsletter-20191210-0556&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

On 12/9/2019 at 10:49 AM, sawadeeken said:

This is so obvious a feeble attempt to defend these Indian 'tourists' .... You are obviously trying to cover up for the most 'rape' inclined males in the world... Just this past couple weeks there are 2 news stories in which they rape and afterwards dump petrol on and burn the girls to death, once THEY (the Indian guys) have had their pleasure..... INDIAN MEN are worse than Thai men for treating women 'WORSE THAN SOI DOGS'.......

I spend a lot of time in Pattaya, almost live there... And it is common for INDIANS to pay for sex, as you say, and take a girl to a room..... then 5 of their friends come to have free sex with he same girl once she is in the room.....

Try to pass your BS defense of 'INDIANS' ..... elsewhere...........

Here you go buddy:-

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1137884-american-flees-phuket-after-dislocating-thai-partner’s-jaw-in-jealous-rage/?utm_source=newsletter-20191210-0556&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

Many Pakistanis and Bangladeshis pass themselves off as "Indian". Unless you're from the sub-continent yourself, and even then it is difficult, it can be quite hard to distinguish Indians from Pakis, Bangladeshis, and Sri Lankans. Then there's Nepalese and Burmese who look, dress, talk and eat the same way. In the UK, 90% of so-called "Indian" restaurants are actually Bangladeshi owned. 

Archived