Elon Musk could face defamation retrial as Brit diver's lawyer claims jury blundered

57 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I wonder whether this defamation case would happen altogether had Mr. Musk was an ordinary person and not a billionaire? or that Mr. Unsworth pride were hurts as much had he knew there is no money to be had here?...

Not many ordinary people have 20 million followers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was quite clear and obvious that Musk was referring to Vern . So, you can say anything about anyone as long as you dont directly say their name when its quite clear and obvious that you are ta

I think Mr. Mark Stephen's, Esq. better come to grip with defamation laws as they exist in the USA. One of the key issues was that Unsworth had not shown any tangible damages - on the contrary - no on

Absolutely right. It's gone too far already. Going for such absurdly high damages payments has tarnished Unsworth's rep much more than any tweet would have.   Now is the time to walk away wi

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Another neverending story. Move on children! A little bit longer with this story and it might be time to created super toys like Baby Elon and Baby Unsworth.

Then there is the failing cute factor, of course.

Do you mean move on pedo's? 🙂 Of course, pedo doesn't necessarily mean what many assume it to be.  There was a pediatrician in UK some time back had bricks through his window because people misunderstood his job.

21 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Obviously you sir  are not a legal scholar. The "I call a mulligan " legal maneuver is well documented im Magna carta, and the writings of Erroneous the great.

Hahahaaa

You "Sir" are obviously not a legal scholar yourself.

"Double Jeopardy" is documented in Magna Carta.
Meaning, when new evidence is brought forward, there could be a retrial.

The comment" There will be no retrial if the lawyer failed to communicate the case" is spot on!!

Edited by MarcB
  • Like 2

Four points:

1. People listen, however mistakenly, to Musk, who is a globally known businessman and entrepreneur.

2. Ordinary people suffer greatly from accusations of paedophilia, many cases in UK even of a paediatrician being targetted for abuse by mistake. (see Shiver's post above).

3. The amount of damages will be determined by the judge in the event that the allegation is proven, not by the amount claimed.  

4. If there has been a miscarriage of justice by wrong jury direction, there should be a retrial.

Edited by Classic Ray
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

There is a difference between name calling and inferring paedophilia! 

That shìt sticks!

Considering as Mr. Vernon Unsworth had told Musk where to shove his sub that was sent in to help save the children, perhaps some would make a case for saying that, so far from pedophilia, Musk was alluding to pedocide.  Those children were doomed if they were not helped out of the cave.

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

It was quite clear and obvious that Musk was referring to Vern .

So, you can say anything about anyone as long as you dont directly say their name when its quite clear and obvious that you are talking to or about them ?

The way I see it ,Musks lawyer pronounced Musks guiltiness, by saying that when people are angry they say things they do not mean, it was only a joke.

So that precedent says, I could insult people I would not dare to name-- out loudly and get away with it as it was just a joke.

The big joke is that more than likely a brown paper bag decided the verdict for the jury. 

• Sad 3