BANGKOK
webfact

Tourism minister in Samui: Hints at baht action and "new group" of tourists - all revealed next month

4 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

You know what it is. Its a typo.

Great, Thanks! That smart reply comes almost 1,5 month after the news was released. After?

Edited by Matzzon

I predicted the baht wouldn't go down against the Aussie dollar till September or October but with the criminals and inept fools running Australia into the ground I maybe wrong!   Roll on the day when Australia becomes the 3rd autonomous region of China. 

8 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

I do normally agree with you but not this time. Yes I agree with every thing you listed

but the high baht is a big factor for me as well. Being a pensioner with limited income

I need a lower baht to make it worth while to come to Thailand again. And yes the normal

young tourist don't care about a high Thai baht, but for me it is essential and maybe for

many other tourists as well. Yes I could go to other south east Asian countries but I have

friends in Thailand since I lived there for many years and still have a lady friend living

there and her family. So for me the high Thai baht is not very nice.

Yes, but it sounds like you spend a significant amount of time here. For tourists, there are so many other factors. The high baht makes the trip 10% more expensive for them. A factor. But, perhaps not the deciding factor. 

people who have a reason to holiday in thailand because of family or friends are still going to come regardless of the exchange rate.TAT blaming high thai baht,china-USA trade war is the normal reaction from children.

The real reasons,...bad press,including road carnage,pollution,attitude of thais in tourist areas cannot of course be mentioned.

Add the best reason to give thailand the flick?.....more interesting places to visit.Thailand for westerners is yesterday's paradise.

4 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

I predicted the baht wouldn't go down against the Aussie dollar till September or October but with the criminals and inept fools running Australia into the ground I maybe wrong!   Roll on the day when Australia becomes the 3rd autonomous region of China. 

I read today that China will have to stop importing goods from a number of countries if it is to meet the terms of the US/China trade pact by importing more from the US.... Australia is the country most affected by this.

• Sad 1

On 12/9/2019 at 9:49 AM, bluesofa said:

It must have be written by a Petula Clark fan.

Yes about AH 2 up here at night.   " where all the lights are glow ".