Immigration chief: Don't scare the tourists away by being too strict - we need them and their money

webfact

25 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Yes and they give all them aliens a passport asap, hence the new name Brittanistan.

What are you talking about now?   Possibly some far right racists might use that term but no-one else does.

Good to see your paranoid anti-foreigner complexion extends beyond Thailand.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been advising everyone I know to stop coming here after they put me in a cell at the airport and made me buy a ticket (I had a valid visa and re-entry permit). I'm already planning to move out of this country in the next few months, just need to sell my car and some of my stuff and I'm out. And believe me, most of the people I know are very tired of Thailand now and the main thing is the immigration, second thing is the thai baht that is super high.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, JohnnyBKK said:

I have been advising everyone I know to stop coming here after they put me in a cell at the airport and made me buy a ticket (I had a valid visa and re-entry permit). I'm already planning to move out of this country in the next few months, just need to sell my car and some of my stuff and I'm out. And believe me, most of the people I know are very tired of Thailand now and the main thing is the immigration, second thing is the thai baht that is super high.

thank you for this report. do you mind if i ask which visa you had? i assume a non-immigrant as you had a re-entry permit? did they give you a reason for refusing entry?