That's not a frog in my throat - it's much worse!

webfact

That's not a frog in my throat - it's much worse!

4pm.jpg

Thai caption: Something scary stuck in his throat!

A Thai man woke from his nighttime slumbers and thought he must have a frog in his throat. 

The reality was much worse. 

"Chayanon A" started coughing violently and thought something was stuck down there. 

He reckoned it must be a string of spaghetti or perhaps some noodles that had got wedged in. 

No! He soon had the offending item extricated - a 6 inch tapeworm. 

Chayanon went to hospital armed with his discovery and naturally reported his experience on Facebook causing much comment. 

His comments should be a warning he said - he would be avoiding raw and uncooked foods from now on. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-09

"he would be avoiding raw and uncooked foods from now on.".... why people eat uncooked food is beyond me. Just saw a story on TV the other day where a guy who had eaten uncooked/undercooked pork died from tiny worms that overtook his brain and other internal organs. The same type of thing can happen from raw fish. 

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Lazyness. Some people have to taste buds and consider eating a chore. Most are Brits though.

I resent that uncalled for slur on my nationhood.

How very dare you denigrate those whose palates appreciate the nuance of Marmite and a dollop of HP.

Rooster

7 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Can't beat a good plate of tuna or salmon sashimi.. Freeze the fish first which kills any parasites ????

The freezer at ones home isn't good enough for that,

Parasites become a concern when consumers eat raw or lightly preserved fish such as sashimi, sushi, ceviche, and gravlax. When preparing these products, use commercially frozen fish. Alternatively, freeze the fish to an internal temperature of -4°F for at least 7 days to kill any parasites that may be present.   :jap:

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

The freezer at ones home isn't good enough for that,

Parasites become a concern when consumers eat raw or lightly preserved fish such as sashimi, sushi, ceviche, and gravlax. When preparing these products, use commercially frozen fish. Alternatively, freeze the fish to an internal temperature of -4°F for at least 7 days to kill any parasites that may be present.   :jap:

Why won't your home freezer do that ?? That's minus 20 Celcius !! Our ice cream freezer sits at -28 ????

7 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Lazyness. Some people have to taste buds and consider eating a chore. Most are Brits though.

I understand your comment about 'lazyness', but I can't agree with your remark that 'most are Brits'. Have you ever been to Britain? If so you might have noticed the absence of litter compared to Thailand?

7 hours ago, DrTuner said:

That's because they have grammar schools. Took me a while to find out why all the grammar nazis came from UK.

At least you know the correct title is the UK and not GB. I am almost inclined to overlook your instinctive dislike of all things British. Almost.

Archived