BANGKOK
robblok

fat loss not as hard if you commit

I was already reasonably lean before i went on holliday bit fatter (but not much) then at my leanest. I had a great september and got super lean leaner then ever then i got injured (shoulder) and had to stop training. Fast forward +2,5 kg and inactivity. 

Then came november my parents were here and we went fishing followed by 18 days on the islands. I decided i wanted to lose some weight. People say its hard on a holliday but every  year i seem to lose some weight without effort. So this year i snorkeled 2 hours every day and ate mostly salads and in the morning 4 to 5 egss and some veggies and chicken or beef and maybe some carbs. 

Fast forward a I lost 7 kg in the month. Part of it is muscle as i did not train less water in muscle results in less weight and no creatine used so holding less water. But it would be at least 4-5 kg and leaner then ever a weight i have not seen in my teens and far more muscular.

Point being even at older age you can lose your weight if you really want it. It was easier for me at holiday as i could ignore hunger then when I am at home working. But the bases is always the same clean diet, and exercise helps.

All those people always moaning that they can't are often too lazy to make real change and suffer a bit. (less suffering if you go slower). This really opened my eyes how fast i could drop weight even when lean. Its all about ignoring hunger a bit doing lots of activities and eating less. (did not drink anything but soda or water).

So if you really want it stop the excuses and go for it. Its just is your beer / snacks more important then losing weight then admit to it and don't try. If weight loss is important enough you can do it.

• Like 2

'Eating disorders in men can be expressed in a different way to eating disorders in women – men and boys may be more preoccupied with having a muscular physique than losing weight. Male eating disorders are often closely linked with exercise and initially appear to be healthy, masking the underlying problem. For example, sudden weight loss may seem the result of a training programme for a sporting goal.'

You may wish to check out this link.

https://www.newbridge-health.org.uk/eating-disorders-help/men-and-eating-disorders/

For me cutting out bread and more walking worked, weight dropped off me in no time 83 down to 74 in 5 weeks. Fish, eggs, salad but a good fatty protein meal after gym..it certainly can be done quite easily with a few tweeks to ones routine and diet

been doing the keto diet now since May and have lost 15 kg, weight varies as I do cheat now and then but I am feeling a lot better and able to do more around the house, I have not been this weight for over 20 years after suffering a spinal injury, you just have to stick to it

• Like 1

You seem to forget a lot of things. Some people have it harder than others, which is something you have to take in to consideration. Sometimes that makes it harder to really commit. In other cases there is a wide variety of different metabolism. Which means that some people have to work duoble hard to get rid of their fat, as well as putting on 3 kilo as soon as they see a cake.

After that I also find it hard to understand what you mean with fat people. For yourself you are talking about weight gain of 2,5 kilo and you rush to the gym???

2,5 kilo extra is not at all what many people consider fat.

Four or five eggs for breakfast, beef too, better keep an eye on your cholesterol levels.  Clearly, exercise will help keep the levels in check, but better safe than sorry.

• Like 2

Denge fever, "a wonderful virus", 10-12 kg of weight loss

in a household in 3 weeks, no exercises. Highly recommend 555

• Haha 2

come on hollander.... you are lean and train and have muscles

so off course it is easier for you than fat lazy slobs to lose weight

muscles burn extra calories even at rest, fat does not

• Like 1

5 hours ago, seajae said:

been doing the keto diet now since May and have lost 15 kg, weight varies as I do cheat now and then but I am feeling a lot better and able to do more around the house, I have not been this weight for over 20 years after suffering a spinal injury, you just have to stick to it

A friend of mine on the Keto diet collapsed one day apparently due to not enough sodium in his system. Hope you can keep a check on it.

I'm down 11 kilo. Move more (10,000 steps) eat less - it's not rocket science. FitBit helped me the most as I am fanatical about those 10,000 steps daily.

Edited by BobBKK

6 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

'Eating disorders in men can be expressed in a different way to eating disorders in women – men and boys may be more preoccupied with having a muscular physique than losing weight. Male eating disorders are often closely linked with exercise and initially appear to be healthy, masking the underlying problem. For example, sudden weight loss may seem the result of a training programme for a sporting goal.'

You may wish to check out this link.

https://www.newbridge-health.org.uk/eating-disorders-help/men-and-eating-disorders/

I would not call what i have is an eating disorder, though people who are fat themselves often think it is. I mean if someone has visible abs and a great physique its often threatening to them. So to be honest I don't really get your comment. 

I do know that from now on I am going to bulk a bit, something that I havent done for years as I always wanted to diet down. Now I found a level i like and I want to keep it. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

I'm down 11 kilo. Move more (10,000 steps) eat less - it's not rocket science. FitBit helped me the most as I am fanatical about those 10,000 steps daily.

Anyone without health problems will lose weight if they have the willpower, just watch your diet and do regular exercise, there is no excuse for all these big bellies on most farangs.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Matzzon said:

You seem to forget a lot of things. Some people have it harder than others, which is something you have to take in to consideration. Sometimes that makes it harder to really commit. In other cases there is a wide variety of different metabolism. Which means that some people have to work duoble hard to get rid of their fat, as well as putting on 3 kilo as soon as they see a cake.

After that I also find it hard to understand what you mean with fat people. For yourself you are talking about weight gain of 2,5 kilo and you rush to the gym???

2,5 kilo extra is not at all what many people consider fat.

I am someone with a slow thyroid, proven by tests so I already got it hard

I am also one of these guys with a slow metabolism (probably thyroid related)

So I know exactly how it feels I have always struggled to keep weight of had to do double what others had to do. Its not fair but if i can lose weight everyone can.

Its just lack of real commitment and finding other things more important. That is it there are few people who can't lose weight if they give up some things. Problem is they usually don't want to give up things or make changes.

If it was up to me id prefer to eat two pizzas at night and drink loads of sugary drinks. I don't because it would make me fat. 

Your right about the 2.5 kg, did not make me rush to the gym. I could not rush to the gym I had an shoulder injury. But its frustrating if you diet down to a level that is nice and then gain 2.5 kg. But happy to lose it all and more while being on vacation and all that I had to do is eat loads of salads and be a bit hungry and just swim / snorkel for 2 hours a day. 

I lost more on that holiday and faster then I ever have at home doing gym work. Why mainly because  of the food. At home the hunger pangs are worse and i need to satisfy them. On the holiday i could ignore them. 

56 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

No its not rocket science at all, great work mate. And you got it right those 10.000 steps help a lot. Then eating a bit less and there you go. But you committed to it many are not willing to eat less or change what they eat. 

Well done keep it up.

• Thanks 1