Question re process of switching from Non-OA to Non O.

7 minutes ago, usacb500biker said:

Can a retirement

visa expiring be changed to 30 day extension and another 30 days, selling car,personal stuff then moving to Cambodia. On a 650 motorcycle. TKS

No 30 day extension possible on a 1 year retirement extension. Do you have a Thai wife or child, as I believe a 60 day extension to visit them is allowed. If you previously used the 800k method and still have the money, why not do another retirement extension? You could start to spend or remove the money as soon as you got the extension. 

Will you need a residence letter to sell the car.... (I have never done it) ....? I ask as it may be hard to get if you simply leave and return on a TV or Exempt. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

On 12/9/2019 at 1:19 PM, Peter Denis said:

Once you are in Thailand on that OA Visa and apply for an EXTENSION of stay, you need to specify the reason on your application.  When you do the extension of your OA Visa for reason of retirement, since Oct 31 you also need to meet the new health-insurance requirement.

FYI, I have an OA extended for several years on the ground of my marriage to a Thai. Went to inquire, and the answer we have been given was: "Your visa pre-dates 31/10/2019, therefore you don't have to show a Health Insurance". This was while chatting to several friendly and relaxed IOs thus it couldn't be an individual's unfounded assumption.

So I'll do my next extension as if nothing had changed and, in case of change of tune, I'll get a 60 days extension to organise my trip to Kuala Lumpur.

The IO's said not to worry and not rush any OA to O conversion as it would be more work for them too.

Edited by Momofarang

note that the directions given here seem to assume the man has the proper financials setup, i,e, 800k on deposit for the proper length of time, monthly transfers proper etc.  If one were starting fresh and getting a Non O, a few pointers on how or what the IO folks need for income verification for example.  At most the average new Non O person would have only a few months of transfers.  Would that be OK given the new monthly income process for US folks that can't get an income letter any more?