Pattaya: No wonder tourists aren't coming - pack of ten attack "just arrived" Irishman

webfact

Pattaya: No wonder tourists aren't coming - pack of ten attack "just arrived" Irishman

11pm.jpg

Picture: Siam Chon News

Thai posters complained that it was no wonder tourists are not visiting Pattaya these days. 

What few there are are being attacked by people like bouncers. It is so bad that people are scared to visit the resort, said one. 

Police were called to Soi 7 off Beach Road this morning at 3.30 am where 46 year old Bart O'G. was lying in the street semi-conscious with bloodied wounds to his face. 

A large group of Thais and foreign tourists had gathered. 

Sawang Boriboon medics helped the Irishman regain his composure enough for him to relate what happened to investigators through an interpreter.

11pm1.jpg

Picture: Siam Chon News

He said fighting back the tears that he had been in Pattaya less than 24 hours, now this. 

He said he was in an entertainment venue when a problem occurred. He claimed he was set upon by ten men he believed were staff members. 

Following the attack they melted into the night. A member of the public helped call the police. 

Pol Lt-Col Natthawat Ploenchit is working on the case with the tourist police. They are looking at CCTV to get some leads. 

Thai posters on the Siam Chon News site were quick to condemn the attack with many saying it was no wonder tourists were not coming anymore. 

"Juraiwan" said: "You had no right to hurt this guy - call the police if there is a problem. That's just damaging the name of Pattaya and Thailand".

"Nattapon" echoed these sentiments saying: "Tourists are starting to disappear - they come and are kicked back home with the sole of the foot". 

"Aun" even suggested that some tourists were too scared to go to Pattaya these days. 

The story was widely commented upon and shared by Thais who condemned the attack. 

Source: Siam Chon News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-09

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, webfact said:

He said he was in an entertainment venue when a problem occurred.

Let me guess, fictitious drinks on his bill started the altercation. 

With tougher times ahead here, you can expect an increase in scams and crime. 

Terrible. It is actually really scary how fast this kind of thing can happen here.

Pattaya is for the large part very safe, but obviously a huge drinking and party culture gives it a sort of "anything goes" feel, and the authorities tend to have a reactive approach in which cover up and indifference rule.

The slapdash nature of court rulings here don't improve the image either. Crooked people get away with murder (literally in some cases) in this environment. I hope the attackers here are given the maximum punishments in this case

36 minutes ago, z42 said:

Pattaya is for the large part very safe, but obviously a huge drinking and party culture gives it a sort of "anything goes" feel

And we all know what peaceful people the Irish are when they drink... ????

Sad fact it happens everywhere and for various reasons. i was set upon by neighbours and also taxi mafia and both times thankfully got out with a little blood and nothing broken but it was the police to break it up. Thais just seem to jumpnin with no reason apart from they believe they have the right yet they never jump on a thai on thai argumant. Its pretty frightening.

Known many people over the years set upon for very little reasons like one guy was stabbed because he stuck his finger up at people that wouldnt move there car from blocking his just because they didnt want to or perhaps felt like they didnt need to. 

Thais dont face any punishment for there behaviour a lot of the time. They just dont know right from wrong. They believe because they are thai they have a right to govern and police anyone whos foreign. 

Some people wont like my comments but there is a real truth to this becaus eive suffered it and will again as i feel thais are becoming more and more violent and ready to start trouble than they did 10+ years ago or so..

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

Did they steal his shirt as well?

Shirts are often pulled off or torn off in a fight or violent attack as people may have their arm up to cover their heads and are at the same time being pulled and pushed around, as well as being punched and kicked and worse. 

46 minutes ago, z42 said:

Terrible. It is actually really scary how fast this kind of thing can happen here.

Pattaya is for the large part very safe, but obviously a huge drinking and party culture gives it a sort of "anything goes" feel, and the authorities tend to have a reactive approach in which cover up and indifference rule.

The slapdash nature of court rulings here don't improve the image either. Crooked people get away with murder (literally in some cases) in this environment. I hope the attackers here are given the maximum punishments in this case

You mean a 500 baht fine?

2 minutes ago, uncleeagle said:

Shirts are often pulled off or torn off in a fight or violent attack as people may have their arm up to cover their heads and are at the same time being pulled and pushed around, as well as being punched and kicked and worse. 

That's true, but i have seen a fair share of drunken tourists going to bars without shirts too.

Seen one the other day, complained a bit with another tourist, and been told that in Thailand it's ok.

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

Let me guess, fictitious drinks on his bill started the altercation. 

With tougher times ahead here, you can expect an increase in scams and crime. 

Most likely true.
And the venue mentioned might have been the gogobar located near the end of Soi 7 (left side if walking towards the beach, right next door to the "Pfälzer Stüble" restaurant).

5 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

That's true, but i have seen a fair share of drunken tourists going to bars without shirts too.

Seen one the other day, complained a bit with another tourist, and been told that in Thailand it's ok.

thais get drunk with their tops off all the time - just check any road side table in the sticks from 8pm onwards, always one or two half-cut and half-clothed ????

2 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

thais get drunk with their tops off all the time - just check any road side table in the sticks from 8pm onwards, always one or two half-cut and half-clothed ????

Never seen one in a restaurant or a bar, but point taken, perhaps i'm wrong to expect some decorum from tourists in a foreign country ????

6 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

I bet you didn't see that last nights....here they're burning plastic to keep warm.

Archived