Pattaya: No wonder tourists aren't coming - pack of ten attack "just arrived" Irishman

webfact

3 hours ago, mok199 said:

Thunderdome spins yet further and further out of control..the good news is 17 foreigners were fined for no Thai drivers license earlier in the day....

Would read better if it was 17 thai people fined for not having a thai driving licence...

But would need a few more zeros...

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

I don't know what everyone is complaining about?

One Irishman vs 10 Thais is what constitutes a fair fight in Thailand.

Throw in a couple of blind people and their dogs.

A few wheelchair bound tourists...

Its pretty disgusting...

Time the locals work up to what's sending the tourists elsewhere. 

No tourist police around either?

Is the CCTV system fixed yet?

10 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

And the police stand there like statues...

Did they investigate what was being said...?

Didn't think so.

With the economy tanking things are regressing to twenty years ago when 14 year old girls were common in Lamai and Patong having to feed their issan families

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

I don't know what everyone is complaining about?

One Irishman vs 10 Thais is what constitutes a fair fight in Thailand.

and in Ireland too funnily enough.. that irishman must have been really drunk to take a beating like that

they'd have got their asses kicked in Dublin!

images-1.jpeg.0ca4ea3c9676629dfd36099b4ffa08a7.jpeg

1 hour ago, Orac said:

There is an “interview” with the guy on here - apparently he accused them of having underage girls.

So the irish guy just turns up in Pattaya, maybe first time, totally drunk, starts accusing the bar of underage girls when more likely they are 20s could be even 30s, what could go wrong when you start accusing a bar of that?

and someone who doesn't wear a shirt isn't a good sign

4 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Sad fact it happens everywhere and for various reasons. i was set upon by neighbours and also taxi mafia and both times thankfully got out with a little blood and nothing broken but it was the police to break it up. Thais just seem to jumpnin with no reason apart from they believe they have the right yet they never jump on a thai on thai argumant. Its pretty frightening.

Known many people over the years set upon for very little reasons like one guy was stabbed because he stuck his finger up at people that wouldnt move there car from blocking his just because they didnt want to or perhaps felt like they didnt need to. 

Thais dont face any punishment for there behaviour a lot of the time. They just dont know right from wrong. They believe because they are thai they have a right to govern and police anyone whos foreign. 

Some people wont like my comments but there is a real truth to this becaus eive suffered it and will again as i feel thais are becoming more and more violent and ready to start trouble than they did 10+ years ago or so..

I watch a bit of Thai news I do not know where you get the idea that Thais do not jump their own. 

59 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

So the irish guy just turns up in Pattaya, maybe first time, totally drunk, starts accusing the bar of underage girls when more likely they are 20s could be even 30s, what could go wrong when you start accusing a bar of that?

i would have assumed he had a shirt on at some point - would have struggled to get in there without one. As for the underage girls, it is always possible but judging from the state of him he had some serious beer goggles on and could have been looking at 50 year old ladyboys.

6 hours ago, z42 said:

Terrible. It is actually really scary how fast this kind of thing can happen here.

Yes.  You can be bashed to within an inch of your life here, or even killed, all over a few hundred baht.  Life is cheap here. 

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Maybe he's a little smarter than you give him credit for and is saying the establishment has underage naked girls on stage so the place gets raided, as a form of revenge.

I'm sure he would have had a shirt on, but it was ripped off in the fight. 

7 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

When i was still going to the bars, i've seen many times tourists behave like d**ks, and the staff being very patient, yet, when they snap, it can happen to anyone to get beaten for a little mistake.

Why dont you go to bars anymore?

7 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Let me guess, unfounded Thaivisa poster speculation?

Agreed, in the interview he said he accused the bar of employing 'underage' girls, so it was speculation. What about '10 on one'? Do you think that is also speculation? if so, please explain why?

1 minute ago, jimn said:

Why dont you go to bars anymore?

I still go to bars from time to time, i cannot resist some game of pool with friends.

But i don't go as often as i used to, as i'm not much interested in drinking and in the company of boring drunk people.

Without any offense for people who go to bars, of course.

7 hours ago, Leaver said:

Let me guess, fictitious drinks on his bill started the altercation. 

With tougher times ahead here, you can expect an increase in scams and crime. 

no actually, the drinks started the fire, the fictitious ones just fueled it.

9 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Did they steal his shirt as well?

Your comment concerning apparel should be directed to the police or to a witness to the incident. I am more concerned about the commission of a possible crime against a person and not about the insignificant and flippant utterance you made.

Archived