Pattaya: No wonder tourists aren't coming - pack of ten attack "just arrived" Irishman

webfact

5 hours ago, dallen52 said:

And the police stand there like statues...

Did they investigate what was being said...?

Didn't think so.

Yes. Police go back next day. Is on the link.

If Irishmen correct he is good guy sure. Hero. Thankyou.

But he drunk a lot, how he know the girls 15-17. He ask ID? 

His freind saying “f..k” at the policeman, not good one. 

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Sad fact it happens everywhere and for various reasons. i was set upon by neighbours and also taxi mafia and both times thankfully got out with a little blood and nothing broken but it was the police to break it up. Thais just seem to jumpnin with no reason apart from they believe they have the right yet they never jump on a thai on thai argumant. Its pretty frightening.

Known many people over the years set upon for very little reasons like one guy was stabbed because he stuck his finger up at people that wouldnt move there car from blocking his just because they didnt want to or perhaps felt like they didnt need to. 

Thais dont face any punishment for there behaviour a lot of the time. They just dont know right from wrong. They believe because they are thai they have a right to govern and police anyone whos foreign. 

Some people wont like my comments but there is a real truth to this becaus eive suffered it and will again as i feel thais are becoming more and more violent and ready to start trouble than they did 10+ years ago or so..

You obviously never watch the news, probably because you can’t speak a word of Thai like 95% of farangs who live here.  A day doesn’t pass without a story of a gang of Thais “jumping” on another Thai.  You make good points but are way off on this statement.

9 hours ago, z42 said:

Terrible. It is actually really scary how fast this kind of thing can happen here.

Pattaya is for the large part very safe, but obviously a huge drinking and party culture gives it a sort of "anything goes" feel, and the authorities tend to have a reactive approach in which cover up and indifference rule.

The slapdash nature of court rulings here don't improve the image either. Crooked people get away with murder (literally in some cases) in this environment. I hope the attackers here are given the maximum punishments in this case

Did you arrive yesterday. Hope is pissing against the wind. 

26 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Yes. Police go back next day. Is on the link.

If Irishmen correct he is good guy sure. Hero. Thankyou.

But he drunk a lot, how he know the girls 15-17. He ask ID? 

His freind saying “f..k” at the policeman, not good one. 

Good and reasonable  commentary.

But the outcome is  sad because  it does add  to the "Pack"  violence perceptions  of a " friendly"  tourist destination.

Here’s the thing, if your reasons for visiting Thailand are to sit in bars all night getting drunk then stumble home at 2 or 3am I have no sympathy when you get attacked by 10 Thai males. If you want to visit to soak up the beauty of the country, the culture and the food by all means come.  But if you are only here for the bars just stay home and live longer.

1 hour ago, Nkpjed said:

I honestly don’t understand why anyone would go to these places. You couldn’t pay me enough money to go to pattaya.

More quality tourists in a quality destination.

wheres his wife and kids?

i am sure he took his family to this world class family destination.

18 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

A drunk irish gets into a fight.  Not really news. I wonder what he did to upset people. It must have been very bad to make people so angry. Lets hope hes learned his lesson.

Perhaps read the thread before posting. You would know

2 hours ago, Benmart said:

Your comment concerning apparel should be directed to the police or to a witness to the incident. I am more concerned about the commission of a possible crime against a person and not about the insignificant and flippant utterance you made.

That was a joke you humourless Teewaat!!

9 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Some would want quality tourists in Pataya- from the UK perhaps?

That are 2 impossibilities in 1 sentence.

Yes no doubt, Thailand has been doing a great job cleansing these undesirables. 

Dont hear of too much trouble from the Indians or Chinese????.

31 minutes ago, maprao said:

Perhaps read the thread before posting. You would know

I missed his slander and slur about underage girls. So a drunk newbie shot his mouth off full of misplaced moral outrage. Some people think he got what he deserved. I bet he threatened a female staff member or even hit one. That why he was attacked. Lets hope hes learned his lesson.

4 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

Yes no doubt, Thailand has been doing a great job cleansing these undesirables. 

Dont hear of too much trouble from the Indians or Chinese????.

One problem though...... If Thailand manages to clean up these undesirable tourists, Thailand will still have plenty of undesirables.

There is a reason why Thailand attracks the scum of Farangland.

Irishman (0r any other farang) flies direct to Pataya and comments that some prostitutes are too young - you really can't make up things like that!

12 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Maybe the right word to describe these Thai tugs would be "hooligans"

Now remind me, where did that expression - used in just about every language of the world - originate?

Ireland . Got the word from the Hoolihan Family name

8 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Funny, but google and common knowledge say something else.

You wouldn't be british by any chance?

.............why dont you just state where you think the word Hooligan originates from ?

Instead of pretending to know things, why dont you just state what you know ?

16 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

To be more precise:

According to your quoted article he attacked the "Madam" first, not a lowly staff member.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

He claimed he was set upon by ten men he believed were staff members. 

Only 10?!  The place must have been short-staffed that night. I'm surprised the 10 of them worked up the guts to go after the guy with such little re-enforcement.   

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

.............why dont you just state where you think the word Hooligan originates from ?

Instead of pretending to know things, why dont you just state what you know ?

Ah I get it, you are saying that expression originated in the Irish republic, not in the occupied territories?

8 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Ah I get it, you are saying that expression originated in the Irish republic, not in the occupied territories?

No, the word was around long before Israel entered the West bank .

No one is certain where the word comes from, so, stop pretending that YOU know where the word comes from , there are various suggestions as to where the word comes from .

What difference does it make where the word originates from anyway ?

19 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Maybe the right word to describe these Thai tugs would be "hooligans"

Now remind me, where did that expression - used in just about every language of the world - originate?

I guess there may be some definitions in some different languages but really, "used in just about every language in the world".....anyway, the old "where there is smoke there will be fire" syndrome here. The "victim" was obviously a drunken, threatening, oaf who was not well received by this particular establishment. 

From the Pattaya News Thai language website today (09/12/19): 34 year-old mamasan Ms Naruemon Panadit of Silver Star Go Go bar on Soi 7, Beach Rd has given her version of events to police.
She said the foreigner came in the bar and ordered 4 bottles of beer and had 2 girls sit with him while they had 2 lady drinks. When it came to closing time and to settle his tab the Irishman started raising a hullabaloo and saying he was mafia and why does he have to pay anything. She said he could pay here or the police station whereupon he then proceeded to grab her arm and hit her hard in the face. She then started fighting with him with some of the female staff joining in whereupon he fell down on the floor, his face hitting the ground and becoming covered in blood. He was then helped out of the bar.
She continued, "He was very drunk. I didn't want to do it but he started it and I had to protect myself. There were no men involved in the fracas, only women."
The police said they have still to question the foreigner involved. He has yet to contact them and make a complaint.

27 minutes ago, Catkiwi said:

I guess there may be some definitions in some different languages but really, "used in just about every language in the world".....anyway, the old "where there is smoke there will be fire" syndrome here. The "victim" was obviously a drunken, threatening, oaf who was not well received by this particular establishment. 

try "google translate"

Archived