Pattaya: No wonder tourists aren't coming - pack of ten attack "just arrived" Irishman

webfact

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, katana said:

From the Pattaya News Thai language website today (09/12/19): 34 year-old mamasan Ms Naruemon Panadit of Silver Star Go Go bar on Soi 7, Beach Rd has given her version of events to police.
She said the foreigner came in the bar and ordered 4 bottles of beer and had 2 girls sit with him while they had 2 lady drinks. When it came to closing time and to settle his tab the Irishman started raising a hullabaloo and saying he was mafia and why does he have to pay anything. She said he could pay here or the police station whereupon he then proceeded to grab her arm and hit her hard in the face. She then started fighting with him with some of the female staff joining in whereupon he fell down on the floor, his face hitting the ground and becoming covered in blood. He was then helped out of the bar.
She continued, "He was very drunk. I didn't want to do it but he started it and I had to protect myself. There were no men involved in the fracas, only women."
The police said they have still to question the foreigner involved. He has yet to contact them and make a complaint.

How do you know when a Thai is lying?.....their lips are moving!

15 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

I am not your servant - maybe you need to learn about this modern technology for yourself?

No you are not my servant , but why dont you try doing things for yourself, rather than telling other people to do things for you ?

Stop being so vague pretending  you know everything and then telling everyone else to do a websearch so they can find out what you know .

Just tell us.............unless you are faking it ?

Life teaches that 'there are two sides to every story'.  No doubt a review of the CCTV will help to reveal all of the apparent contributing factors.  It is very possible that in the days to come, the actual realities of the reported incident may very well change dramatically.  Let us wait until the smoke clears, please.

2 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

I missed his slander and slur about underage girls. So a drunk newbie shot his mouth off full of misplaced moral outrage. Some people think he got what he deserved. I bet he threatened a female staff member or even hit one. That why he was attacked. Lets hope hes learned his lesson.

Thai media doesn't normally slander. Maybe study some Thai as you obviously have lots of time judging by your post count since joining. 

Has for him hitting him hitting a member of staff a d threatening one I did not see that reported anywhere. Other than allegations  by the perpetrators.

The mind boggles!!????

46 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

I am not your servant - maybe you need to learn about this modern technology for yourself?

Google translate "Modern day technology" ? ????

Google translate has been around for 13 years , hardly modern when talking about computers

15 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Thick as a brick(layer).

What clever and original word play from you, you are amazing, know everything and know all about google translate ..................what an amazing clever guy you are , and not scared to tell everyone how amazing and clever you are either 

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

What clever and original word play from you, you are amazing, know everything and know all about google translate ..................what an amazing clever guy you are , and not scared to tell everyone how amazing and clever you are either 

He's also an accomplished clog  dancer.

18 minutes ago, sanemax said:

indeed

2 hours ago, katana said:

When it came to closing time and to settle his tab the Irishman started raising a hullabaloo and saying he was mafia and why does he have to pay anything. 

*When it came to closing time and to settle his tab...the Irishman noticed 6 ladydrinks on his tab that he had not requested at all, but were ordered on his behalf, because "that's what we thought he said." 

I bet that's what happened with the gulf war guy too. unfortunately, trying to aggressively dispute it doesn't ever end well

4 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Funny, but google and common knowledge say something else.

You wouldn't be british by any chance?

originates from irish. go out and meet some. whether in the UK or ROW, go and meet them, you'll understand

4 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Maybe the right word to describe these Thai tugs would be "hooligans"

Now remind me, where did that expression - used in just about every language of the world - originate?

Irish. googled it. Irish family in England. But could describe any Irish whatever their surname. maybe I've only met the sh^t ones though, not a pleasure

3 hours ago, maprao said:

Thai media doesn't normally slander. Maybe study some Thai as you obviously have lots of time judging by your post count since joining. 

Has for him hitting him hitting a member of staff a d threatening one I did not see that reported anywhere. Other than allegations  by the perpetrators.

The mind boggles!!????

I have no idea why you reference Thai media. I simply dont understand what you are getting at. It was suggested in this thread that he may have made accusatory comments of a slanderous nature about staff and their age. It has since transpired he refused to pay a bill, got violent and then he attacked an old lady, the manageress of the bar. So a drunken oaf and bully got the slap he deserved. He should go back to the bar, buy a round of drinks and apologise. And having been around Thailand for years I know when these things happen it is usually the foreigners fault.

3 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

The expression was introduced in Europe as "football hooligans".

Not many Irish football teams are known in Europe...

Later the expression was used with no connection to football.

The term  Hooliganism predated football gangs and their fights. The Teds were described as hooligans as were the mods and rockers.

2 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

It has since transpired he attacked an old lady, the manageress of the bar. So a drunken oaf and bully got the slap he deserved. He should go back to the bar, buy a round of drinks and apologise. And having been around Thailand for years I know when these things happen it is usually the foreigners fault.

exactly the way I read it, and from experience ( as seen ) seems to be more likely. an oaf on his first day, a 2 week millionaire with a few hundred euro in his pocket. lesson learned ? doubt it 

22 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

I have no idea why you reference Thai media. I simply dont understand what you are getting at. It was suggested in this thread that he may have made accusatory comments of a slanderous nature about staff and their age. It has since transpired he refused to pay a bill, got violent and then he attacked an old lady, the manageress of the bar. So a drunken oaf and bully got the slap he deserved. He should go back to the bar, buy a round of drinks and apologise. And having been around Thailand for years I know when these things happen it is usually the foreigners fault.

QUOTE:then he attacked an old lady, the manageress of the bar

An old lady, manageress of the bar?

In post # 90 there is a picture of the 34 years old "manager" Madam Naruemon.

5 minutes ago, jastheace said:

sorry for your confusion.

most will get it though.

OK.

And the old lady that got slapped?

PS. You and the others are talking about the origin of "hooligans" in the UK.

I am talking about the origin of the word "hooligans" in the rest of the world.

6 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

OK.

And the old lady that got slapped?

IRISH teds mod rockers. 

start there, go back

origins of the word now used and common in English language.

'Hooligan'

go back a bit more. if you need more help, just ask, happy to help. hope you get it, but will help with post numbers, google is good also for searches. 

4 minutes ago, jastheace said:

IRISH teds mod rockers. 

start there, go back

origins of the word now used and common in English language.

'Hooligan'

go back a bit more. if you need more help, just ask, happy to help. hope you get it, but will help with post numbers, google is good also for searches. 

Whatever you say.

And were did the rest of the world get the expression hooligans from?

And what about the old lady that got slapped?

1 minute ago, oldhippy said:

And were did the rest of the world get the expression hooligans from?

And what about the old lady that got slapped?

1. given by the originators.

2. she's ok, just a bit cautious about irish patronage

hope all you concerns are answered. nearly pick up time for golf trip, forgive me if I do not answer for a few hours

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

The expression was introduced in Europe as "football hooligans", after the Heysel Stadium disaster in 1985.

Not many Irish football teams are known in Europe...

Later the expression was used with no connection to football.

I thought that you could use google search ?

As I stated, the word "Hooligan" came from the Family name of hoollihan and it was also a comic book character from an 1890 comic and there was an Irish bouncer in London ................can you just do a google search yourself ?

Archived