Jump to content
BANGKOK
scubascuba3

Mosquitoes

Recommended Posts

Recently a new breed of mosquito has started appearing in my Pattaya apartment. The dengue ones are quite disciplined in that they are usually only dawn and dusk, this new larger brown variety seem to bite night time when you are asleep, mosquito frame across the window doesn't appear to stop them.

 

Also no sign of them the next day, I've hunted around 2 days after now and can't find them anywhere, so maybe they are smarter and better than the dengue ones at hiding.

 

Anyone have experience of these bigger brown ones? not as serious as dengue ones but still annoying, 4 bites last night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don,t know where you are based in Pattaya but here off 3rd road I,ve never experienced what your referring to....I use an oil based plug in repellent and never in the 5 years living here me or my GF have ever been bitten in the room........:thumbsup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, petermik said:

Don,t know where you are based in Pattaya but here off 3rd road I,ve never experienced what your referring to....I use an oil based plug in repellent and never in the 5 years living here me or my GF have ever been bitten in the room........:thumbsup:

I'm off 3rd road also, my barber she also recommended the oil based plug, maybe I'll buy later today.

 

What make is yours? she mentioned from Big C Extra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

seem to bite night time when you are asleep, mosquito frame across the window doesn't appear to stop them.

 

Also no sign of them the next day

 

Are you sure you are talking about mosquitoes?

 

Bedbugs maybe?  😮

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe you can even buy them in 7-Eleven. There are two main Thai brands. Caution the refills are not interchangeable between brands.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dimitriv said:

 

Are you sure you are talking about mosquitoes?

 

Bedbugs maybe?  😮

 

 

Definitely mosquitoes I've killed 3 and had a look close up. Not dengue ones. This looks the most likely culprit

Screenshot_20191209-124235_1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Could they have all died from alcohol poison?

Not from my place anyway, maybe they downed some of your lao khao on the way to mine

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2019 at 5:38 AM, VocalNeal said:

 There are two main Thai brands. Caution the refills are not interchangeable between brands.

Oh but they are.....

And non-brand refills are available on Lazada are much cheaper and equally as efficient....:thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, petermik said:

Oh but they are.....

And non-brand refills are available on Lazada are much cheaper and equally as efficient....:thumbsup:

Can be screwed in cross threaded maybe but not a perfectly designed fit. At least not the two in 7-Eleven. Baygon and A-something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2019 at 5:24 AM, scubascuba3 said:

I'm off 3rd road also, my barber she also recommended the oil based plug, maybe I'll buy later today.

 

What make is yours? she mentioned from Big C Extra

See above....they fit the Thai brand units also.....cannot understand how you can be living here and never bothered to protect yourself before :whistling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Can be screwed in cross threaded maybe but not a perfectly designed fit. At least not the two in 7-Eleven. Baygon and A-something.

Nope they fit fine...the Baygon one,s tube is slightly longer but it does not stop it working....threads are the same ARS is the other brand your thinking of and their refills work out cheaper but as I,ve posted the Lazada link these are the cheapest and work fine....been using them a couple of years now nightly :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm off 3rd road also, my barber she also recommended the oil based plug, maybe I'll buy later today.

 

What make is yours? she mentioned from Big C Extra

I,ve got malaria,caught it in africa,I take it your gaff isn,t a/c,this normally keeps ,em  out,failing that tried mosquito coils?they can hustle a bit but tend to keep ,em out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...