Quick Question for NON O Visa

Hi guys

I am currently on a 30 days on arrival exempt and would like to apply for Non 0 Visa based on marriage.

As i readt before they need 15 days to process the visa/ make a decision. 

My question: Should i keep the 400 k in the bank account the 15 days or only need it on the day that i apply?

Thanks in advance for a quick reply ( need to go this week / asap)

Edited by Cosmo Traveler

You might find it easier to go to Savannakhet to get your non-O based on marriage, it takes one day and no financials required.

Also tourist visas are 60 days, I think you mean that you are on a visa exempt entry.

Edited by SteveK

5 minutes ago, SteveK said:

You might find it easier to go to Savannakhet to get your non-O based on marriage, it takes one day and no financials required.

Also tourist visas are 60 days, I think you mean that you are on a visa exempt entry.

Hi Steve

Savannakhet is not an option.
I just wonder if anyone was asked for a bank statment after the 15 days, since i need to borrow the money and would like to return it asap?

( I edited the visa exempt entry part)

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, if you need more time you could obtain 30 day extension to your current visa exempt 30.

the time is not the problem. just that i need to know how long to keep the 400 k in my account.
will you get it the same day or after 15 days, if you apply in bangkok for the non immi o visa in bangkok?

39 minutes ago, Cosmo Traveler said:

the time is not the problem. just that i need to know how long to keep the 400 k in my account.
will you get it the same day or after 15 days, if you apply in bangkok for the non immi o visa in bangkok?

Seems odd that you don't have two spare days to go to Laos to solve this problem quickly and easily, especially considering that you are on a visa exemption. What are you doing in Thailand that you can't manage a bus trip and a night in a hotel in Laos? Sorry, that's none of my business, please ignore.

Edited by SteveK
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Seems odd that you don't have two spare days to go to Laos to solve this problem quickly and easily, especially considering that you are on a visa exemption. What are you doing in Thailand that you can't manage a bus trip and a night in a hotel in Laos?

i dont want to waste any extra money and time, just returned from poipet.

could you please answer my question, if you you know the answer. ; ) 

because i need to arrange the 400 k soon. 

1 hour ago, Cosmo Traveler said:

My question: Should i keep the 400 k in the bank account the 15 days or only need it on the day that i apply?

I don't recall any reports of them checking to see if 40k is in the bank when you return to get the visa and entry stamps.

I think they assume that you would be keeping it in the bank for the 2 months the 400k baht has to be in the bank when you apply for the extension of stay based upon marriage.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't recall any reports of them checking to see if 40k is in the bank when you return to get the visa and entry stamps.

I think they assume that you would be keeping it in the bank for the 2 months the 400k baht has to be in the bank when you apply for the extension of stay based upon marriage.

thanks for the answer mate. but they need 15 days to consider the visa in chaeng wattana when you apply the first time, right?

27 minutes ago, Cosmo Traveler said:

thanks for the answer mate. but they need 15 days to consider the visa in chaeng wattana when you apply the first time, right?

A 90 day non immigrant visa entry application is normally a one time thing since it is based upon qualifying for certain type one year extension of stay. You cannot normally apply for one more than one time.

You have to wait 15 days for the 90 day visa entry application to be approved.

I believe there some confusion her. As far as I know you don’t need 400.000 in the bank for applying for a NON-O visa but you need to apply in a consulate outside Thailand for the reason of marrying or for living with your married wife.  You cannot do it inside Thailand.

When you have a non-O visa and if you are officially married to a Thai lady you go to immigration and apply for a “married extension,” When you have that it is valid for one year.   When you apply, and every year you want to renew the extension you need 400.000 Bahts in the Bank. The money must be deposit on your personal Thai bank account 2 months before and can not be withdrawn before 3 months after, as I remember it.

13 minutes ago, Misab said:

I believe there some confusion her. As far as I know you don’t need 400.000 in the bank for applying for a NON-O visa but you need to apply in a consulate outside Thailand for the reason of marrying or for living with your married wife.  You cannot do it inside Thailand.

A non immigrant visa (category O) can be applied for at immigration based upon qualifying for an extension of stay based upon marriage.

See: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_79