BANGKOK
webfact

Morocco praises Thai health system as a role model

Role model ?? 

Drove past the provincial government hospital this morning, it's like a zoo, the queues are unbelievable

• Like 1

Did not know that Morocco's standards are that low. Thaksin introduced a populistic system which is better than nothing - agreed, but there could be much better systems with higher efficiency by offloading 90% of the bureaucracy in those government hospitals.

• Like 2

My experience, and my wife's experience, with Thai hospitals has been very positive.  I am from the USA and I wish that all hospital staff in the USA, from doctors on down, were as kind and caring as Thai hospital staff. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My favourite anecdote based on a hospital stay in the public system in New Zealand (for an accident) was the medical staff telling various patients who'd been admitted for smoking-related illnesses that as they had not acted on or made a decision to stop smoking they could clear off; the hospital wasn't interested in them any more

so waiting 2-4 hours for your turn is ok and all this is not costing billions of tax payer money as nobody seem to pay except farangs in hospitals

I was unfortunate enough, to have daily visits to the hospital over the last 2 weeks.

Though I was very happy with the diagnosis, treatment and care I received, here are some things, that I found irritating:

1) every time I went to check myself in for wound- dressing, the process was different. One day, the passport- photo that I have on my mobile was enough and the registration just took a picture of it with their phone! Next day, that wasn't enough: I had to send an eMail with the photo to registration. Next day, they additionally took a picture of me with their desk- cam! One day I got a wristband, the next day I got none...

You really get the feeling, these registrations will just be done in whatever way the registration- officer feels on that day! 

2) every day I came to the emergency- room, someone took my blood- pressure (okay, makes sense), my weight (14 days in a row...every day...) and - wait for it- measured, how tall I was! 

3) I am a "regular" at this specific hospital, go there (rarely) for treatment of "emergencies",  but regularly for my diabhetis - check up.

Although, the doctor who treated me this time, asked me if I have any permanent health- problems...seems, there is no sufficient filing- system with any kind of patient record!

...which makes me question the whole registration- song & dance and all the checking, day in and out, if something potentially threatening like diabethis is obviously in no record.

Again: medical assistance is good...but the whole administrative sutff, seems to make little sense!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Thian said:

And then they'll see how shops are robbed, atm's blown up and supermarkets robbed by 15 year old kids.

Making this a racist issue!

Well done!

🤮

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

Making this a racist issue!

Well done!

🤮

Since when is moroccan a race?

• Like 1