Premier reinforces anti-corruption drive

snoop1130

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has called for an end to the patronage system and urged the public to come forward with information on corruption.

5 years in power and still coming out with this rubbish... corruption is ingrained in every stitch of the fabric of this land... the higher up the chain the deeper the corruption.

How many commanders & generals on a salary seem to have wealth way beyond their earnings?

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

5 years in power and still coming out with this rubbish... corruption is ingrained in every stitch of the fabric of this land... the higher up the chain the deeper the corruption.

How many commanders & generals on a salary seem to have wealth way beyond their earnings?

Absolutely spot on and of course the more submarines and tanks that they buy, the more they will be enriched by "kickbacks" or commission for the purchases, so it's a never-ending process of purchasing to increase one's wealth, and not because the country needs these things.

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has called for an end to the patronage system and urged the public to come forward with information on corruption.

He made the remark while presiding over the opening ceremony of International Anti-Corruption Day today (December 9) at Impact Muangthong Thani exhibition centre.

Prayut said all parties should join forces to stamp out corruption, which has dented the country's development for a long time.

He added that the government had made it a priority to rid corruption in state agencies.

Phase 3 of the strategy for prevention and supression of the corruption (2017-2021)is focused on an integrated approach in fighting corruption, He said.

Where the word "corruption" is used, substitute it with the word "truth". 

18 hours ago, baboon said:

Man who stages a coup, appoints his mates and family to his government and rigs an election, wants to stamp out corruption and patronage.

Kudos to him for at least keeping a straight face, I suppose.

Ah, but it's only corruption if those who aren't part of the chosen ones do it!

This has to be the worst thing I think I have read from an expert on corruption.

Was it 10 weeks for the votes to be verified for the required result in a "democratic" election?

Perhaps they could open an ethics centre at the Uni to explain how matters work

5 hours ago, agood1963 said:

OK , I think you guys have said it all.

Been said many many times. Didn't do any good then, won't do any good now.

Still, worth a belly-laugh though. Thais have been digging themselves a ditch to die in for decades, perhaps longer. Now they're all faling in the hole they've dug, they'll get sod all sympathy from me.

Archived