Erawan National Park gears up on safety, eco-tourism

snoop1130

Erawan National Park gears up on safety, eco-tourism

By THE NATION

800_6dc3e9a58b07e9a.jpg

A record 600,000 domestic and international tourists have visited Erawan National Park, a popular destination featuring a 7-tier waterfall located in the Tenasserim hills of Kanchanaburi province, said Porayut Waiwong, chief of the park, today( December 9).

In view of the large inflows of visitors, the park has strengthened its security measures and stressed the practices of eco-tourism. 

With regard to safety, the park had boosted the number of staff trained for first aids, and rescue equipment. It has also installed 40 surveillance cameras along the path to the 2nd level of the waterfall. In the event of a visitor suffering serious injuries, he/she will be transported safely to a nearby hospital immediately.

Tourists are also encouraged not to bring plastic bags into the park in line with a government's policy to ban single-use plastic items on January 1, 2020.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30379239

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-12-09

i live basically next door to this place but the 2 times i went i was told double pricing so made everyone reverse that was queued ip behind me and i got outa there both times pretty swiftly with a little tire screaching to show my appreciation. I guess that was eco tourism ????

Erawan waterfalls are a most amazing place.  They are the most beautiful set of waterfalls I have ever seen.  Yes, there is double pricing, (which my work permit did not help me avoid) but the Erawan waterfalls are magnificent.  IMHO truly worth the price if you are willing to climb up all the way.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Tourists are also encouraged not to bring plastic bags into the park in line with a government's policy to ban single-use plastic items on January 1, 2020.

I wonder how they will police that one... at the ticket office?

No plastic bags or you cannot enter... 90% won't know until they arrive.

The last time [and only time] I was taken there by Thai friends the entrance fee was 40 baht for Thais
400 baht for me.... 10X the entrance fee.
There were 8 Thais in the group... I paid more than all of them combined.

I never returned.

2 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I wonder how they will police that one... at the ticket office?

No plastic bags or you cannot enter... 90% won't know until they arrive.

The last time [and only time] I was taken there by Thai friends the entrance fee was 40 baht for Thais
400 baht for me.... 10X the entrance fee.
There were 8 Thais in the group... I paid more than all of them combined.

I never returned.

i went there years ago and quite liked the place - my expectations weren't high, it cost about 30 baht. if the  pricing is as you describe i'll not go back.

I was there on saturday.

It's 300 baht for foreigners, but was very pretty.

Not sure how gearing up to help visitors who have accidents at the 1st 2 levels is effective though.

All the difficult and most likely places to be injured are further up after level 4.

My favourite waterfall in Thailand so far.

Archived