How to get new customer promos with AIS...

moontang

For prepaid, the data deals are way better for new customers with AIS..problem was I have been there five years and don't want a new number..4 Mbps, 32 GB and 32 GB of AIS Play (might be useless).  100 THB for thirty days.  Solution: just by another SIM, most smartphones will hold two SIM...and use it for the data plan.  Otherwise, I spent 120 for 7 days at 4 Mbps, with a limit of 2.5 GB...so a huge savings...New SIM was 50 THB...cute girl at Gateway did everything for me and tested it out.

1 minute ago, torturedsole said:

Can't you port your landline/mobile number in LOS?  Genuine question.  

yes, but the best promos are only for newly issued SIMS.  So if you are starting out of starting over, then just buy one SIM, and subscribe to the best deal.

8 minutes ago, moontang said:

yes, but the best promos are only for newly issued SIMS.

Are you absolutely sure about that, moontang?  One would still effectively be a new customer.  I'm not doubting you but know from experience that arriving at a mobile phone provider in LOS with a Thai speaking friend/wife might provide an alternative outcome.  I'm genuinely interested.  

5 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

Are you absolutely sure about that, moontang?  One would still effectively be a new customer.  I'm not doubting you but know from experience that arriving at a mobile phone provider in LOS with a Thai speaking friend/wife might provide an alternative outcome.  I'm genuinely interested.  

nhyzov said the same thing  last week..he got a smoking good deal, and also stated it was for new SIMS.  And it is only prepaid, too.

3 minutes ago, moontang said:

if I had had to give up my existing number, I would have not done it..bank accounts and other stuff are tied to it.

Like I said, I don't doubt you in the slightest.  But it's amazing what can happen with a Thai speaker/wife can achieve on arrival at the store.  Thanks, nonetheless.  

55 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

Can't you port your landline/mobile number in LOS?  Genuine question.  

You can, but it would have to be to a different network. Since he already had an AIS SIM, he would have to port to DTAC or Truemove H. No good if he wants to stay with AIS.

Easier for him to buy a new SIM and number for 50 baht. Though I would have gone 150 baht for unlimited 4 Mbps.

20 minutes ago, moontang said:

taking a Thai woman to a shopping mall to possibly save 50 THB?  What do you do for fun?  bang your head on a concrete wall?  Sheesh.

I was amazingly kind and tolerant in my responses to you but you decided, in your infinite wisdom, to turn it around and disrespect my posts.  Why?

I'm not looking to save 50 baht.  

The trouble it takes to change my registered number with Bangkok Bank for my iBanking activities has to be carefully considered. 

What a fool you are.  

You're the second poster to be on my ignored list.  I bid you a good night.

3 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

I was amazingly kind and tolerant in my responses to you but you decided, in your infinite wisdom, to turn it around and disrespect my posts.  Why?

I'm not looking to save 50 baht.  

The trouble it takes to change my registered number with Bangkok Bank for my iBanking activities has to be carefully considered. 

What a fool you are.  

You're the second poster to be on my ignored list.  I bid you a good night.

I said the same thing...didn't want to give up my existing number...you sound like the old miserable people in Chiang Mai, who always have a hard way to share with you.

6 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Easier for him to buy a new SIM and number for 50 baht. Though I would have gone 150 baht for unlimited 4 Mbps.

I'm not interested in data, Eindhoven.  I merely require to receive OTPs from Bangkok Bank while I reside in the UK.  Thanks for your input, btw.  

2 hours ago, steve187 said:

still not clear, so i am sorry- where do you get the sim from, an ais shop, or on line, or anywhere, and what is the package called, i can see no trace of it on the ais site, but i can see the deal on lazada and shopee

Yes, at the AIS shop at Gateway Mall, I bought the SIM for 50, added 100 at their machine to the mobile number attached to it, and then entered the code from the menu of plans ONLY AVAILABLE TO NEW SIMS.  The young lady did most of it for me..bring ID...

2 hours ago, steve187 said:

still not clear, so i am sorry- where do you get the sim from, an ais shop, or on line, or anywhere, and what is the package called, i can see no trace of it on the ais site, but i can see the deal on lazada and shopee

Lazada has serious counterfeiting and quality control issues..there are about a billion fake SD cards out there..almost as bad as Cambodia.

We have four phones with AIS. Always get the best deals. Never change to new numbers. 

If it was so I would get the new number but keep old number and change to pay as you go with the old one. All phones take two Sims. Also just ordered a new phone from LA za DA cheaper than AIS. Don't need the contract for this phone. New Vivo S1 Pro at 8,200 baht. 1,800 cheaper than AIS.

28 minutes ago, Chicken George said:

We have four phones with AIS. Always get the best deals. Never change to new numbers. 

If it was so I would get the new number but keep old number and change to pay as you go with the old one. All phones take two Sims. Also just ordered a new phone from LA za DA cheaper than AIS. Don't need the contract for this phone. New Vivo S1 Pro at 8,200 baht. 1,800 cheaper than AIS.

I was already on prepaid.  There are three menus..postpaid, existing prepaid, and new prepaid.  New prepaid had the best deals, especially if you dont need maxspeed.  

• 3 weeks later...

Threathen to leave always work, 

if you have Thai ID dial *151*the numbers of your ID#

or text the passport number you used when signing up to 4444151

you'll be texted back with a code you can use to 'port' your number to other carriers, providing that you had no outstanding balance, you can walk in to any competing carrier's shop and they'll set you up with a new sim with your old number.

but you don't have to...

after you have initiate the process, they'll call you asking why you want to leave, you can then ask for the new customer promotion and usually they'll bend over backward or even offer a better 'secret' deal if the competing carrier had something you can quote.

On 12/9/2019 at 7:03 PM, moontang said:

For prepaid, the data deals are way better for new customers with AIS..problem

moontang couldn't you port over the number to a new provider like DTAC for one month and then port back as a "new" customer? 

Archived