BANGKOK
moontang

How to get new customer promos with AIS...

still not clear, so i am sorry- where do you get the sim from, an ais shop, or on line, or anywhere, and what is the package called, i can see no trace of it on the ais site, but i can see the deal on lazada and shopee

2 hours ago, steve187 said:

still not clear, so i am sorry- where do you get the sim from, an ais shop, or on line, or anywhere, and what is the package called, i can see no trace of it on the ais site, but i can see the deal on lazada and shopee

Yes, at the AIS shop at Gateway Mall, I bought the SIM for 50, added 100 at their machine to the mobile number attached to it, and then entered the code from the menu of plans ONLY AVAILABLE TO NEW SIMS.  The young lady did most of it for me..bring ID...

2 hours ago, steve187 said:

Lazada has serious counterfeiting and quality control issues..there are about a billion fake SD cards out there..almost as bad as Cambodia.

We have four phones with AIS. Always get the best deals. Never change to new numbers. 

If it was so I would get the new number but keep old number and change to pay as you go with the old one. All phones take two Sims. Also just ordered a new phone from LA za DA cheaper than AIS. Don't need the contract for this phone. New Vivo S1 Pro at 8,200 baht. 1,800 cheaper than AIS.

Edited by Chicken George

28 minutes ago, Chicken George said:

We have four phones with AIS. Always get the best deals. Never change to new numbers. 

If it was so I would get the new number but keep old number and change to pay as you go with the old one. All phones take two Sims. Also just ordered a new phone from LA za DA cheaper than AIS. Don't need the contract for this phone. New Vivo S1 Pro at 8,200 baht. 1,800 cheaper than AIS.

I was already on prepaid.  There are three menus..postpaid, existing prepaid, and new prepaid.  New prepaid had the best deals, especially if you dont need maxspeed.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chicken George said:

Do you know if this could work if the mobile telephone number was ported from DTAC, Chicken George?  

5 hours ago, torturedsole said:

Do you know if this could work if the mobile telephone number was ported from DTAC, Chicken George?  

Ported numbers count as new SIM for when it comes to these promos. All of the networks have similar new customer promos.

Threathen to leave always work, 

if you have Thai ID dial *151*the numbers of your ID#

or text the passport number you used when signing up to 4444151

you'll be texted back with a code you can use to 'port' your number to other carriers, providing that you had no outstanding balance, you can walk in to any competing carrier's shop and they'll set you up with a new sim with your old number.

but you don't have to...

after you have initiate the process, they'll call you asking why you want to leave, you can then ask for the new customer promotion and usually they'll bend over backward or even offer a better 'secret' deal if the competing carrier had something you can quote.

im holding an ais 110 GB a month plan for 200 baht!

it renews every month, not a promo.

approach ais counter at one of the big malls as a new customer with no existing sim.

On 12/9/2019 at 7:03 PM, moontang said:

For prepaid, the data deals are way better for new customers with AIS..problem

moontang couldn't you port over the number to a new provider like DTAC for one month and then port back as a "new" customer?