TAT sees steady growth in tourist arrivals from Vietnam

snoop1130

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

After Thai Vietjet, Thai AirAsia, Bangkok Airways, and Vietnam Airline have all launched new direct routes and added flights from Vietnam to Thailand’s tourist destinations, such as Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Phuket.

It's two way traffic, Vietnamese will come to see what's over here... but the flip-side is Thais will go to Vietnam to have a break.... thus domestic tourism will drop a tad!

Ha ha, it's great to smell the desperation in the TAT, as the saying goes, "What goes around, comes around"....... Let's hope these so called Vietnamese tourists are not relations of the boat people robbed and murdered by Thai fishermen at the end of the Vietnam war........    Or maybe not, might just be the right dose of "Som nam naa" that La la land needs........   Self inflicted poverty and a good kick up the chuff for good measure..... 

I think TAT has a weekly contest in the office where they throw a dart at a map of the world and the country they hit is the next BIG market for tourists in Thailand. Of course China and India are so big they were bound to be hit first, Vietnam must have been an errant shot.

Can't wait for next week when they hit Saudi Arabia and try to dance around the whole "Blue Diamond affair" to proclaim the Saudis are the next big tourists to visit.

The extra flights are to cater for all the people heading back from Vietnam via Bkk after a great holiday .

But if they say it is for all the Vietnamese coming here then they have the wrong reason ! It’s not because they think it’s great here , it’s because they are coming to see what not to do to scare everyone away and turn the place into a ghost town !!

I used to meet a lot of Vietnamese and Vietnamese-Americans flying out of DFW on Korean Air. None of them wanted to come to Thailand. They complained about the heat--and they were from Vietnam and living in Texas! Complained about things being dirty and not being treated nicely. Why would they come here? What's here that isn't in Vietnam and better there? Or cheaper elsewhere?

3 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

It will not be long before the only place left to try to lure tourists from will be North Sentinal Islands in the North Andaman sea.........(If you have not heard of it then look it up...).........:thumbsup:

It is home to the Sentinelese, a tribe who have rejected, often violently, any contact with the outside world. They are among the last uncontacted people to remain virtually untouched by modern civilisation.

Look like a perfect match for Thailands future role model.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Sentinel_Island

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The main competitor of Thailand in the Vietnam market is South Korea

Actually, if Vietnam copies TAT's domestic tourism programs aimed at Thais, Vietnam itself with domestic tourism programs aimed at Vietnamese can become a main competitor!

18 hours ago, DLock said:

310 direct flight to Vietnam per week?

Thats 44 flights per day.

That is much higher that I would have ever guessed.

Is BKK just a convenient hub and easier to get to Vietnam than from other countries? 

But they can't find sufficient slots for the Indian flights!!

Oh well, every cloud has a silver lining....

20 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Wow!

You know it's bad when they start begging their near neighbors and arch enemies to visit! 

I'll jump off a tall building if they start begging Myanmar tourists! 

I'd be cautious making such statements. Their desperation knows no bounds! LOL!

5 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Agree. 

I know many Thai lady go Vietnam for work s$x. 

Make money very good

How you know so many sex worker ?

My friends go for holiday. 

400 flights per week. Your imagination. Again

52 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

We know this how, exactly (with statistics please)?

One! ME!

Expats Changing Their Minds and Relocating to Vietnam

Jul 6, 2019 - Chiang Rai Times l CTN News Thailand - Expats are Relocating to Vietnam ... with a significant number of older expats leaving for Malaysia, Vietnam ... the fact that all foreign retirees that live in Vietnam are required to do so.
Feb 4, 2019 - Thailand's farang forum, Thaivisa, has conducted two unofficial polls that indicate that many expats will be calling it quits and leaving the ...

20 hours ago, DLock said:

310 direct flight to Vietnam per week?

Thats 44 flights per day.

That is much higher that I would have ever guessed.

Is BKK just a convenient hub and easier to get to Vietnam than from other countries? 

Its correct.I know there are 105 bankok to HCMC in a week.take into account the other 5 airports in thailand and 5 in vietnam.

Archived