American flees Phuket after dislocating Thai partner’s jaw in jealous rage

snoop1130

30 minutes ago, LomSak27 said:

Right, Thailand won't send murders back to the country they murdered in, but but a foreigner punching his thai girlfriend, yeah sure why not; wait for it; LETS EXTRADITE!    :thumbsup:

The guys a ----, but seriously this is getting ridiculous. 

It's not up to Thailand, but up to the girl and how willing she is to hire a good lawyer.

She might even ask Vern if he knows a good one.

Assault and dislocating a jaw IS a serious offense, and since he ran away, her lawyer might even add some other circumstances.

However, she can just as easily sue in him in his home state (which is the same as hers in this case)

because,....wait for it...., offenses punishable by law in the US, that are committed by an American citizen overseas, can be tried in the US.

If she only has the guts to do so

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

We have only one side of the story. 

And it's the Thai side. 

Hardly enough to arouse suspicion against the American guy. 

Given Thailand's reputation, I say the American guy is innocent unless proven guilty. 

I don’t think you have any side to the story.  They are both American so what’s the Thai side to the story? She has a dislocated jaw and he’s left the country? Now even OJ Simpson’s lawyer would find it impossible to find this guy innocent. 

Innocent until proven guilty.

We have heard the Girls story, I want to hear the Guy's Story.

One thing that sticks out is, why did she have to lean in to talk to the driver ?

I reserve my Opinion until the complete story comes out.

If it was you, would you want to be heard before condemned ?

Anyway I doubt this story would have gotten any coverage before the Negative Falang Agenda.

7 hours ago, MarcB said:

However, she can just as easily sue in him in his home state (which is the same as hers in this case)

because,....wait for it...., offenses punishable by law in the US, that are committed by an American citizen overseas, can be tried in the US.

That's not correct.... only some offenses committed by US citizens abroad can be prosecuted in the US at the federal level.  Congress has to explicitly decree that a law applies outside of the US ( https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/94-166.pdf ).  States, counties, or cities have no jurisdiction and cannot prosecute.  

She could certainly try to sue .... but good luck getting the taxi driver to the US to testify....

6 hours ago, DoktorC said:

That's not correct.... only some offenses committed by US citizens abroad can be prosecuted in the US at the federal level.  Congress has to explicitly decree that a law applies outside of the US ( https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/94-166.pdf ).  States, counties, or cities have no jurisdiction and cannot prosecute.  

She could certainly try to sue .... but good luck getting the taxi driver to the US to testify....

Firstly, it would go to the district court.

Congress has nothing to approve, it is the law already that punishable offenses in the US can be tried if they are committed overseas by American citizens, which both of them are.

States, counties, or cities have no jurisdiction and cannot prosecute.  

euh...what? roflmao

Getting a taxi driver to testify?

Not every case needs witnesses. It's not Netflix.

She has a police and medical report.

Case closed.

23 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Unless you are defending your own life, or dealing with a drug crazed maniac, I do not think there is ever an excuse for a man to assault a woman. It is just plain cowardice. If you cannot handle your booze, do not drink. If a woman is behaving badly, and out of control, walk away. Plenty more out there, who are far better than the one you just left. Find one who is worthy of your time, effort and money. 

Hope they find this fool, and lock him up, where the other inmates can have some fun with him. My guess, is he will not be nearly as aggressive with his fellow inmates, as he was with his woman. 

So by your logic, it is OK to hit a man, if your not defending your own life or dealing with a drug crazed maniac. 

Something doesn’t make sense. 1. Reason he hit her because she spoke to taxi? After 5 years together? Definitely a lie. 2. Seems the guy knew she’d lie and that he <deleted> up so he left country after he took her to hospital. 

Well he did hit her too strong that’s a sure, but I’m curious what the true reason was to make him that angry. 

On 12/9/2019 at 7:42 PM, Puchaiyank said:

Assaults happen all over Thailand everyday...if these were not foreigners...particularly Americans...they would largely be ignored by police and press...

This is very true. Case in point, a friend of mine who is in the Thai military left her husband who is also in the Thai military because he beat her. They have a child together that he continues to beat leaving visible bruises on her body and face. Nothing is ever done about it. The police refuse to help the woman saying it's a military problem and the military only makes a report. Yet the child abuse continues on a regular basis. There's nothing more cowardly than beating a little girl.

On 12/11/2019 at 3:29 AM, MarcB said:

Firstly, it would go to the district court.

Congress has nothing to approve, it is the law already that punishable offenses in the US can be tried if they are committed overseas by American citizens, which both of them are.

States, counties, or cities have no jurisdiction and cannot prosecute.  

euh...what? roflmao

Getting a taxi driver to testify?

Not every case needs witnesses. It's not Netflix.

She has a police and medical report.

Case closed.

You need to read more about extraterritorial jurisdiction.  Truly laughable if you think a federal prosecutor will spend the time for this..

I gave you a link on crimes that can be prosecuted by federal courts and the conditions that must be met... try reading it.  

Sorry but a Thai police report isn't worth the paper it was printed on .... the medical report doesn't shed light on anything other than her injuries and their treatment.

What kind of trial doesn't have witnesses....provide concrete examples, if you can.  The accused has a right to cross-examine the accuser and witnesses... naught to do with netflix...

She has a police report and a medical report,,,, case closed. You really are genius...ROFLMAO  Is that really all it takes????!!!!! WOW!!! I wonder how come they couldn't convict OJ..   oh that's right the glove didn't fit..... 55555

You may be right the case is closed unless The Government of Thailand can extradite the guy back to Thailand

46 minutes ago, DoktorC said:

You need to read more about extraterritorial jurisdiction.  Truly laughable if you think a federal prosecutor will spend the time for this..

I gave you a link on crimes that can be prosecuted by federal courts and the conditions that must be met... try reading it.  

Sorry but a Thai police report isn't worth the paper it was printed on .... the medical report doesn't shed light on anything other than her injuries and their treatment.

What kind of trial doesn't have witnesses....provide concrete examples, if you can.  The accused has a right to cross-examine the accuser and witnesses... naught to do with netflix...

She has a police report and a medical report,,,, case closed. You really are genius...ROFLMAO  Is that really all it takes????!!!!! WOW!!! I wonder how come they couldn't convict OJ..   oh that's right the glove didn't fit..... 55555

You may be right the case is closed unless The Government of Thailand can extradite the guy back to Thailand

What case doesn't have witnesses?

Well, a civil assault case like this one.

You should do so more reading.

You clearly watch CSI too much.

I really can't spend time on people who think they know something and need to google it to proof they're right, but still don't know in the end...

On 12/10/2019 at 12:35 PM, Fex Bluse said:

We have only one side of the story. 

And it's the Thai side. 

Hardly enough to arouse suspicion against the American guy. 

Given Thailand's reputation, I say the American guy is innocent unless proven guilty. 

Again you have issues with your reading comprehension.  She is American.

And there's hardly enough to arouse suspicion against him?  Are you for real??  So she decided to dislocate her own jaw, then he fled the country just for a laugh whilst she was in the hospital.  That's not enough to arouse suspicion for you?

Your hatred of anything even remotely Thai seems like it absolutely consumes you.

I don't think the USA is going to extradite someone for a basic assault.  When I say basic I don't mean for it to sound like less than it was.  I've had lovers assault me so I get it... but it's what's considered a petty crime.  He just shouldn't ever come back to Thailand.  I also get the feeling we're not getting the whole story...

5 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Again you have issues with your reading comprehension.  She is American.

And there's hardly enough to arouse suspicion against him?  Are you for real??  So she decided to dislocate her own jaw, then he fled the country just for a laugh whilst she was in the hospital.  That's not enough to arouse suspicion for you?

Your hatred of anything even remotely Thai seems like it absolutely consumes you.

As the Thais might say, she has Thai blood. 

Where you accuse me of reading comprehension, I accuse you of believing anything and everything you read. 

I'll let you decide which accusation is worse. 

2 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

As the Thais might say, she has Thai blood. 

Where you accuse me of reading comprehension, I accuse you of believing anything and everything you read. 

I'll let you decide which accusation is worse. 

So you think there are no grounds for suspicion against him at all?

So did she dislocate her own jaw?  And why did he flee the country immediately afterwards if he hadn't done anything?  I would love to understand how your mind works on Thai matters.  Why do you immediately take the side of the farang even in a case such as violence against a woman (sorry, "alleged" violence, she might have done it herself because she has Thai blood).

Just now, josephbloggs said:

So you think there are no grounds for suspicion against him at all?

I am suspicious of the claims. 

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

So did she dislocate her own jaw?

Have you examined her jaw and confirmed it was dislocated? 

2 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

And why did he flee the country immediately afterwards if he hadn't done anything?

Can you independently confirm this is what happened?

4 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

I am suspicious of the claims. 

Have you examined her jaw and confirmed it was dislocated? 

Can you independently confirm this is what happened?

I give up - it is like debating with a five year old.

Yes, I examined her jaw personally and confirmed it was dislocated.  Then I independently witnessed him passing through immigration and leaving the country.

I don't trust the named hospital who confirmed the injury, nor the named hotel whose staff saw her with blood pouring from her mouth and organised her transport to the hospital, and I don't trust the named tourist police officer who confirmed the exact time he passed through immigration on his way out of the country.  That is because they are all Thai and are naturally lying.  In fact I don't trust a single thing that is reported in the news or confirmed by Thais because they are all Thais.  

I asked a Thai at work today how his day was yesterday - he said it was good, he took his daughter to the cinema.  Naturally I needed to independently verify this and I tracked down CCTV footage and got witness statements and he actually took his daughter bowling.  So you are right not to believe anything, no matter how plainly obvious, as long as it has anything to do with a Thai.

If a farang says it it is fine.  If a Thai man had "allegedly" smashed a farang girl's jaw after a row, then fled the country, you would be saying it is suspicious wouldn't you?  And he was likely innocent?  Or would you be wibbling on about "fragile Thai male egos"?  I think we both know the answer.

You would have more credibility with me if you just admitted you hate Thais and will always take the side of a white man.  Fine.  At least it is clear.

On 12/9/2019 at 9:26 PM, Puchaiyank said:

Point being, Thai male dominated culture tends to look away in domestic related assaults...unless it is a foreigner.  Double standard rules in this country.

Couldn't agree more with Puchaiyank . I've seen a lot of men beating up female partners here and people nearby just walk by or stand there and watch . My Thai wife told me to ignore those situations , unless I want to get beaten up by a mob .

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

I give up - it is like debating with a five year old.

Yes, I examined her jaw personally and confirmed it was dislocated.  Then I independently witnessed him passing through immigration and leaving the country.

I don't trust the named hospital who confirmed the injury, nor the named hotel whose staff saw her with blood pouring from her mouth and organised her transport to the hospital, and I don't trust the named tourist police officer who confirmed the exact time he passed through immigration on his way out of the country.  That is because they are all Thai and are naturally lying.  In fact I don't trust a single thing that is reported in the news or confirmed by Thais because they are all Thais.  

I asked a Thai at work today how his day was yesterday - he said it was good, he took his daughter to the cinema.  Naturally I needed to independently verify this and I tracked down CCTV footage and got witness statements and he actually took his daughter bowling.  So you are right not to believe anything, no matter how plainly obvious, as long as it has anything to do with a Thai.

If a farang says it it is fine.  If a Thai man had "allegedly" smashed a farang girl's jaw after a row, then fled the country, you would be saying it is suspicious wouldn't you?  And he was likely innocent?  Or would you be wibbling on about "fragile Thai male egos"?  I think we both know the answer.

You would have more credibility with me if you just admitted you hate Thais and will always take the side of a white man.  Fine.  At least it is clear.

I am only making a point that untruth is rampant here. Any educated Thai who you are close enough to will tell you the same thing. 

Claims of all types here are best met with some critical distrust until there is strong reason to believe them. Again, the well educated, well-healed Thais will tell you the same. 

How do you think the shrewd Thai-Chinese came to dominate this country? Not by believing everything they hear or read. 

Part of me admires your apparent "bleeding heart" because it does seem like you want to trust people. It comes from a good place. I hope you never have cause to find out all that trust was misplaced.

55 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

I am only making a point that untruth is rampant here. Any educated Thai who you are close enough to will tell you the same thing. 

Claims of all types here are best met with some critical distrust until there is strong reason to believe them. Again, the well educated, well-healed Thais will tell you the same. 

How do you think the shrewd Thai-Chinese came to dominate this country? Not by believing everything they hear or read. 

Part of me admires your apparent "bleeding heart" because it does seem like you want to trust people. It comes from a good place. I hope you never have cause to find out all that trust was misplaced.

But the lady was an American citizen who wasn't even a Thai speaker given that she

was using a translation app to communicate with a taxi driver.

It seems that not only are you a persistently negative observer of Thailand, you seem to dislike

women in general.

Were you relieved of your life savings by a Thai lady by any chance?

5 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

But the lady was an American citizen who wasn't even a Thai speaker given that she

was using a translation app to communicate with a taxi driver.

It seems that not only are you a persistently negative observer of Thailand, you seem to dislike

women in general.

Were you relieved of your life savings by a Thai lady by any chance?

Yes, I am a realist and not afraid to contemplate and accept a reality where most things and people are bad.

Yes, I have developed over 3 decades an extremely negative, well informed, view of Thailand and most Thai people with whom have I had the misfortune of crossing paths. 

Still have plenty of money. Too much to spend, in fact. 

Love women. The good ones, at least. 

Archived