TM30 again.. Section 38 iphone app

hi, anyone got experience with the Section 38 iphone app.

A tenant of mine on a ED visa was asked to register on this app by the teacher. Dont really know why the teacher is pushing them all to register their TM30 so much.

Anyway, I was hoping they could do this themselves with a bit of help. Ive downloaded the app and on the first registration page it asks

Accommodation Type: I choose the option - house

Position: The only options here are 

- The Owner

- The House-master

- The possessor of the residence

so my questions are

1. As a tenant do they choose the last option? "The possessor of the residence".

2. Does this app take weeks to register? like people have expereince with the web browser based app? is the waiting time still a thing?

3. Can the tenant and not the Landlord register and do their TM30

4. Upon registering and submitting TM30, will the tenant get fined as he entered more than 24 hours ago?

Thanks for any help in advance!

I think best to check which immigration office he reports to, because from my understanding it appears that a fair few are no longer interested in the TM30 unless you return from overseas, i.e. all the bad publicity it got sort of made them back down on the quiet without losing face, but best check with immigration first, might save a lot of hassle ?

• 2 weeks later...

The tenant can register as the possessor but may need a copy of the owner's housebook and ID card to do so.  I think I've read of it being done with just a copy of the lease but not 100% sure of this.

This is what the written poster at BKK CW says.... which appears to say that a signed rental agreement can be submitted in lieu of the owner's ID card and tabien ban. See in particular the paragraph number 4 below.

307793268_2019TM30docsforBKKCWInPerson.jpg.fa668df442eed57dcdb9d2676ac80b95.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK