Complaint and Compensation Thai Bank

We want to make a complaint to our bank in Thailand and a compensation request for damage done.

We are more three months trying to get an answer on our compensation request.

They keep on  replying   that they will send they will send our request  to the appropriate department. 

We allready told them that if they do not response to our compensation request within the next 10 days we will inform The National Ombudsman and The Officer of The Consumer Protection Board and also The Bank Of Thailand. (BOT).

Question:

1.Does anybody has suggestions WHAT we could do more?

2.Did anybody got succes in getting a compensation from a bank in Thailand and in WHAT way?

Thanks.

Details: 

1.We applied around 4 years ago for  two credit cards. 

They replied that that was ONLY possible in COMBINATION woth a LIFE INSURANCE. At the end of endless procedures they gave us two PREPAID CARD, NO CREDITCARD. We call this a scam.

2. Me and my husband had to pay 2x100.000 thb each year for this LFE INSURANCE. (adding up to 800.000 thb.

3.The terms and conditions of this Life Indsurance were only in Thai. THe staff was unable to explain these terms and conditions.

4. We asked a staff member if it was possible to stop the prepaid card after 4 years and that after 4 years we would get back the life insurance premiums. She said that THAT was NO PROBLEM.

5.Now 4 years later we indeed wanted to stop this prepaid card and life insurance and were expecting to get our 800000 thai baht back. Instead of that they only offered us 555560 thb.

6.During 10 years we have been irritated by the total lack of professionalisme of this bank.

Not only are they:

-unprofessional but also

-rude

-unpolite

-mannerless

-uncouth

-looking for the easy way out

-"no can"""cannot"are usualy the first words they pronounce.

-on canceling our prepaid card the girl said "cannot"you have to do "SHOPPING,SHOPPING"to spend your 100.000.

-during the procedure to cancel our prepaid card the staff member handed over a paper in thai to sign. We asked her to translate. Cannoot, as the answer. We asked for the manager. Manager was not there. The girl said : "Just sign"!""You also did 4 years ago, so why not doing it again?"We replied that because signing 4 years ago all our problems stared.

-manager is usually NOT in the office.

-another thing is because of the lack of professionalisme our visits to this place take an awfull lot of time. They cannot fullfill the most basical administrative procedures.

13 minutes ago, lenyronjohan said:

Details: 

1.We applied around 4 years ago for  two credit cards. 

They replied that that was ONLY possible in COMBINATION woth a LIFE INSURANCE. At the end of endless procedures they gave us two PREPAID CARD, NO CREDITCARD. We call this a scam.

2. Me and my husband had to pay 2x100.000 thb each year for this LFE INSURANCE. (adding up to 800.000 thb.

3.The terms and conditions of this Life Indsurance were only in Thai. THe staff was unable to explain these terms and conditions.

4. We asked a staff member if it was possible to stop the prepaid card after 4 years and that after 4 years we would get back the life insurance premiums. She said that THAT was NO PROBLEM.

5.Now 4 years later we indeed wanted to stop this prepaid card and life insurance and were expecting to get our 800000 thai baht back. Instead of that they only offered us 555560 thb.

6.During 10 years we have been irritated by the total lack of professionalisme of this bank.

Not only are they:

-unprofessional but also

-rude

-unpolite

-mannerless

-uncouth

-looking for the easy way out

-"no can"""cannot"are usualy the first words they pronounce.

-on canceling our prepaid card the girl said "cannot"you have to do "SHOPPING,SHOPPING"to spend your 100.000.

-during the procedure to cancel our prepaid card the staff member handed over a paper in thai to sign. We asked her to translate. Cannoot, as the answer. We asked for the manager. Manager was not there. The girl said : "Just sign"!""You also did 4 years ago, so why not doing it again?"We replied that because signing 4 years ago all our problems stared.

-manager is usually NOT in the office.

-another thing is because of the lack of professionalisme our visits to this place take an awfull lot of time. They cannot fullfill the most basical administrative procedures.

Just tell us the colour of the bank, not the name?  This happened to me. 

Contacted BOT who sorted it out for me.

OP you can try and get more money back but I doubt you will have any luck. 

You signed documents you couldn't read so you have no idea what is what, you're relying on what is being told to you which could be ( and most likely) wrong and just being told whatever you want to hear just to make you happy and go away!

Archived