Make the house hot

Krikkiz

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

No need for more hot, just come to UK for perspective :wink:

Perspective? every house in the UK I have ever been in has heating? Decidedly cool up here in the NE this year ~10c in the mornings, feel for the folks who have to go work early on Motorcycle be cold, folks here don't have the luxury of good quality clothing to keep them warm.

All you can do is monitor outside versus inside temperature, we have been opening all the windows up at around 10am then closing them again at 16:00 to try and keep some heat in the house, helps if your house is well insulated. Stay warm!

I have been looking for a heater for a couple of years but have not been able to find one up here.

We have had to resort to the FIL's method that he has done all of his life: he burn logs outside the house. A bit smokey and not all that pleasant when a wind is blowing.

Hope yo get some decent answers.

3 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

A fireplace in Thailand. Great work. But how did you get someone to build a proper chimney.

With a great deal of patience, my builder kept ignoring the subject hoping I would give up the idea. Eventually he set to and even lined it with fire bricks.

Don't get me started on the request to install a European style bath.

3 hours ago, Krikkiz said:
4 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

Just be patient for another week or two. We will all be complaining about the heat soon enough.

I remember a cold snap a couple of years ago. My wife's daughter was visiting for a while and she rushed out and bought us all woolly hats, scarves and gloves. 2 days later it was warm again and we never did wear them.

Now, where the hell did I put them!

13 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Now, where the hell did I put them!

Had similar thoughts! been <10°c in the mornings for over a week now, been digging out clothing I haven't worn for years! Thankfully house well insulated and staying around 22°c, a nice pleasant change from the heat! ???? 

18 hours ago, Krikkiz said:

i know aircon can do it! 
But i need Something else.

I would use an inverter-aircon – well, I actually have them – but "something else" sounds like a proper heating system, and a well insulated house; as we do it in my utterly winter-cold Scandinavian home country.

I, by the way, brought my electric heating blankets with me to Thailand, they have ended up in Isaan. A heating blanket under the bed sheet is really nice when it's a cold winter. Lazada has a huge variety of heating blankets.

You can also buy electric heaters from Lazada.

????

5 hours ago, dick turpin said:

Come home to a real fire....my central heating 8am Sunday morning

1598697444_fire4.thumb.jpg.1b1e164fe8ac4fd23bdd8829dde2511a.jpg

Great!????
That's what I forgot when designing my house in Thailand, not for the heating, but for having a chimney and entrance way down for Santa – my little daughter was so disappointed over the new home...????

Archived