BANGKOK
sharecropper

Jomtien's New Building Boom (and the Old Ocean 1 site)

Has anyone noticed the sudden rush to start building condos in Jomtien? Everywhere on Second Road seems to have become a new construction site. Is it down to new land taxes next year or a desperate rush to take bank money to fund new builds before a perceived crash? Whatever, nobody in their right minds can be building condos here thinking they can easily sell them, when so many new builds lie empty and buyers decline. So what's going on?

Also, I noticed the old Ocean One site has now started construction. Anyone know what's going up there? And do old Ocean One buyers get their money back or any credit in lieu in the new building being built?

O1..jpg

O1.jpg

• Like 2

Oh, my!  Ocean One.  A blast from the past!  A 90-story condo did seem very far-fetched 9 years ago when my partner and I arrived.  Now there is a 67-story condo development taking bookings.  Working our way up to 90, I guess.  I'm curious, too, as to what is going to built on the Ocean One site.

The chinese are coming..... the indians are coming.... Got to have someplace to put them.... 

• Like 2

Well we have the Luciano and Grand Solaire nearby both 66+ stories. Jomtien will become the new Manhatten.

Edited by Henryford
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DoktorC said:

The chinese are coming..... the indians are coming.... Got to have someplace to put them.... 

Correct.

You can't sell them beer in a bar, and food in a restaurant, but they do need accommodation. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tinca tinca said:

copacabana on beach road is suppose to be 59 floors high.....IF IT GETS FINISHED!!!

At least Copacabana’s on the beach, and in a fairly central location. I can’t understand mega projects like Marina Golden Bay that are a long way from the beach.

I had thought that Ocean One was abandoned after the rouble collapsed.

Nobody seems to have any idea why the huge area of beachside vacant land between View Talay 5 and the water park has never been developed.

• Like 1

I have noticed groups of chinese in Tescos recently doing food shopping.

There is a terrible shortage of empty hotel rooms & condos so it's great that someone is building more empty hotel rooms & condos.

Don'tcha hate to see folks homeless at Christmas & this can only help to solve that problem locally

13 hours ago, sharecropper said:

Has anyone noticed the sudden rush to start building condos in Jomtien? Everywhere on Second Road seems to have become a new construction site. Is it down to new land taxes next year or a desperate rush to take bank money to fund new builds before a perceived crash? Whatever, nobody in their right minds can be building condos here thinking they can easily sell them, when so many new builds lie empty and buyers decline. So what's going on?

Also, I noticed the old Ocean One site has now started construction. Anyone know what's going up there? And do old Ocean One buyers get their money back or any credit in lieu in the new building being built?

Once upon a time...

Still a ''work in progress''

rinse and repeat

Pattaya is mostly an endless scam

• Like 1

So many times, in so many countries worldwide, has an exagerrated boom in building properties - seemingly out of control, sometimes increasing an oversupply - been the last stage of a booming economy prior to the crash.

• Like 2