Cop's son slayed father after computer games criticism

webfact

Cop's son slayed father after computer games criticism

6pm2.jpg

A 17 year old boy has been arrested after he murdered his policeman father in Surat Thani. 

The father - Snr Sgt Maj Anuwat Chuaybangdeua, 51 - had criticized his son for playing games for too long on his computer. He had left school seemingly because of this. 

The son stabbed his father with a kitchen knife as he was decanting water for use in a palm plantation.

Police found the son hiding at a friend's house following the incident on Sunday. 

The policeman was attached to the Ban Takhun station who were involved in the son's subsequent arrest.

The son is now at a Juvenile Observation and Protection Center before he is transferred to another correctional facility. Court documents are being sought and prepared.

Ban Muang said he had his hair cut on arrival as the rules of the facility were explained. They said he was polite, calm and compliant. 

A ;police spokesman said this was a tragic case and a reminder that children should not neglect their studies by playing too many computer games. Two hours per day was enough, they said. 

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-12-10

Terrible thing for a child to murder their father, especially over something so petty. The lad won't be playing ANY computer games for many, many years now though. My own son was addicted for a while and it was the cause of many an argument, though thankfully he moved on when he got a girlfriend.

30 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Terrible thing for a child to murder their father, especially over something so petty. The lad won't be playing ANY computer games for many, many years now though. My own son was addicted for a while and it was the cause of many an argument, though thankfully he moved on when he got a girlfriend.

Are you diplomatically saying that's he's hooked onto something other now?

27 minutes ago, Denim said:

Better yet either ban or put tighter controls on these addictive games.

Yeah, right, I go around I go around stabbing people away as I like to cap Zombies in Resident Evil. Games are like beer and women - OK in moderation. More to do with the 17 year old being immature and a complete waste of space and would kill his father for some other reason, like not buying his favourite crisps 

Get serious - now him and his GF play computer games together all the time....

to say he gave up an addiction for another addiction is plain wrong...

give up both and have him become an avid reader, attend performing art events and live a balanced life of eating healthy and exercising with road biking, photography and bird watching as his interests...

34 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

give up both and have him become an avid reader, attend performing art events and live a balanced life of eating healthy and exercising with road biking, photography and bird watching as his interests...

I dont suppose that road biking, photography and bird watching is what you are interested in, is it ?

18 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Why not become an avid student, turn doctor and scientist, find the cure for cancer, solve world hunger, stop all wars?

Bird watching seems like a waste of time compared to my plans.

On 12/11/2019 at 1:54 AM, Stargrazer9889 said:

So this 17 year old was not taught, right from wrong, and that it is wrong

to kill someone else for criticizing you. I hope this teen does many years

in jail for this murder.

Geezer

Thailand doesn't need neocolianists. You certainly must die for criticising people. Did you arrive yesterday. Learn how things work here or you'll end up like the father. Never criticise a Thai. No problem in Vietnam. Water of a ducks back for the Vietnamese. 

On 12/11/2019 at 1:54 AM, Stargrazer9889 said:

So this 17 year old was not taught, right from wrong, and that it is wrong

to kill someone else for criticizing you. I hope this teen does many years

in jail for this murder.

Geezer

Are you joking. A policeman's son going to jail. Why do you choose to misinform people? Apologies, obviously you arrived yesterday. 

these games not only addict children but desensitize them to violence there is a famous quote "look into the eyes of the beast too long and you will become the beast".  these games need to be banned why are children being trained to be stone cold killers?

On 12/10/2019 at 2:49 PM, Denim said:

Let them play. The game wasn't the problem here. In some cultures criticism is deadly. Many a farang learn this the hard way and go home in a wooden box. Dont let it be you. 

On 12/10/2019 at 2:49 PM, Denim said:

1 hour ago, tlandtday said:

these games not only addict children but desensitize them to violence there is a famous quote "look into the eyes of the beast too long and you will become the beast".  these games need to be banned why are children being trained to be stone cold killers?

This computer games have design to be addictive. 

IMO is waste of time. So much.

Archived