Thailand road carnage: Four family members dead, 8 injured in horror van smash - microsleep blamed

webfact

A bend, a curve, downhill, same old same old. Changing down a gear and off the throttle is just to much like real driving skills, and requires a bit of effort. 

They don't need any pride in driving coz they are the best drivers especially, if they can get there 5 min earlier that proves how wonderful they are init.

On 12/10/2019 at 5:13 PM, Tchooptip said:

There are different anti drowsing devices for a few years now, I have heard of it maybe ten years ago already at the time I saw it mainly  for lorry drivers, a little camera using an infrared image sensor to detect the movement of the driver's pupil. Some different ones can be found on Amazon

https://binge.co/what-are-the-best-sleep-detection-systems-for-cars

Does that mean the driver has to close his eyes before it works?

I was recently travelling from upcounty and the van was doing about 100 Km/hour and then I noticed that it had slowed right down to about 60 Km/hour and we were slowly crossing lanes ( I could see the speedometer) and when I looked in the mirror the driver's eyes were wide open, but his senses had completely gone. he was just staring into nothing. I coughed loudly and he woke up and was back to normal ( for 2 or 3 minutes). Luckily it was the end of the journey and we hit the Bangkok traffic.

I have complained to my boss many times about the drivers falling asleep, but nothing ever happens.

1 hour ago, petedk said:

Does that mean the driver has to close his eyes before it works?

I was recently travelling from upcounty and the van was doing about 100 Km/hour and then I noticed that it had slowed right down to about 60 Km/hour and we were slowly crossing lanes ( I could see the speedometer) and when I looked in the mirror the driver's eyes were wide open, but his senses had completely gone. he was just staring into nothing. I coughed loudly and he woke up and was back to normal ( for 2 or 3 minutes). Luckily it was the end of the journey and we hit the Bangkok traffic.

I have complained to my boss many times about the drivers falling asleep, but nothing ever happens.

an infrared image sensor to detect the movement of the driver's pupil.

Archived