Meeting a girl in a bar: David and Annie buck the trend but now US man denies that happened

webfact

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't worry for him if she had worked in a bar or not, but her sulky attitude to him buying her (not enough) gold and sneering about his lack of 'safety money' that she so clearly wants to get her hands on is a massive red flag. If he can't see what's going on, I feel bad for him.

17 hours ago, jphripjah said:

A man who met his Thai wife outside a bar doesn't tell the world he met her in a bar.

His adult children have said he hired prostitutes in the USA even before he ever "discovered" Thailand.

Annie bears all the hallmarks of a bargirl -- the tattoos, the bar girl English, the dowry-demanding Isaan family, and her comfort level in a Pattaya beer bar during their joint bachelor/bachelorette party.

I absolutely believe he met her in Pattaya.

I don't believe it was in a travel agency or a karaoke bar.

Lots of assumptions...

17 hours ago, jphripjah said:

A man who met his Thai wife outside a bar doesn't tell the world he met her in a bar.

His adult children have said he hired prostitutes in the USA even before he ever "discovered" Thailand.

Annie bears all the hallmarks of a bargirl -- the tattoos, the bar girl English, the dowry-demanding Isaan family, and her comfort level in a Pattaya beer bar during their joint bachelor/bachelorette party.

He paid dowry for an bargirl......

Not saying he is lying in general and I live in Thailand and still do. I've found this is very common no one wants to tell friends or family she is a hooker or was part time?  I've heard this time and time again " singer "  singer in a club venture by local Thais? you get where I'm going with this?  Reality show now in the public eye who is going to stand up and be honest and admit to this? 

Even in Thailand, if a Thai women says she is married to a Farang, you might not hear them ask but they sure are thinking it. When I see Thai women with Farangs I can safely think in general 90% they met how? I've met a number from social clubs and I never even ask but tell me they are University girls? Why even say that when I didn't even ask?

Nevertheless, Thailand has a different view about sex workers if they are happy I don't really care but lots do?

Biggest question of marrying a bar girl is will she help YOU out financially if you run into problems or scoot off back to the bar. My wife is a school teacher, but we ran into trouble a while back due to a dodgy UK tenant - wife was very happy to go out to work for a few months until I go the matter sorted. Marry a bar girl I think would be 50/50 chance she'd be gone if you had no income.

Saw them on the tv show while I was in USA. I liked her, but he seemed like a loser. He definitely married well. It seems that he has managed to make some sort of living on American TV from this relationship. Good for him, since he didn’t seem able to get a decent job in the States.

12 hours ago, Lethal said:

Rule #1. Don’t marry bar girls 

dont marry anybody... whats the point?  living together, if compatable,can give good results.

marriage is nearly always a problem,at later stage...why complicate things.

many farang who have already had failed marriage/s in home country....are so desperate and insecure... they will marry the first thai lady, who shows any interest in them....

19 hours ago, jphripjah said:

But who cares?????

13 hours ago, Lethal said:

Rule #1. Don’t marry bar girls 

Rule #1. Your rule doesn't fit all, I married a girl who worked in a bar 13 years ago, been happily married ever since the day I met her, although I think I have had more bangs in my life than her, not that I really care, does that put me ahead of her, if so, I agree, I am the bigger whore ????

12 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Given the choice why would anyone marry a tart who has had 100's of strangers through her? People say some Thai blokes lack judgement, but they would not touch one as far as marriage goes.

I did, i.e. marry a tart, your words, although I refer to her as my village slut, 100's of strangers through her, doubt it, but then again, who cares, acceptance is part of life, that is unless you live in a shallow world, but then again, as long as you're happy in your bubble, from your comment above, I doubt it, but then again, who cares, life is too short, get a grip on it before it's over.......

I met a lovely girl in a bar in Pattaya a few years ago, we dated for a year and then got married. Her family were superb, she asked for nothing and treated me like a king. Sadly she passed away from prostate cancer last year. Life can be cruel....

I watched 90 Day Fiance with these two. It was hilarious. She's a bar girl and he was a loser. Somehow they hit the lotto and are now making bank so she's happy. At least in front of the camera. 

The show is well worth a watch, especially the scene where he couldn't afford the ring/gold she wanted. 

The second video tells quite clearly about their relationship – money number one – if a man cannot take care, how can he be loved...?

And when Annie don't care about the past, but question how David can provide for the future...!

????

Bar girl or not, it's generally the same for many, if not most, girls in Thailand: the husband is seen as a provider, and if he cannot provide for a family, why is he then needed...?

I presume most men don't like say that he met his Thai girlfriend/wife in a bar – amazingly many girls from bars get married to foreigners, and amazingly few foreigners are married to an former bar girl...????

However, it really doesn't matter where you met, a girl from the nightlife can be an excellent girlfriend or wife, and a lady that have never been near a bar can be a horrible gold-digger. What matters is, if you can accept each other, and find a balance together...????

Has anybody even watched this show?  It's a disaster, for sure, but, at the same time, I've seen constant news stories about how the producers have manipulated the show.  For instance, when David's buddy comes to see them in Bangkok and he offers to let them stay with him back in the US as long as Annie can give him massages, he says the producers told him to ask that and they kept asking him to repeat the request. 

David Toborowsky's pals Nikki Cooper and Chris Thieneman revealed on YouTube that some (but not all) scenes were pre-planned. That sleazy scene in season five where Thieneman asked Toborowsky's wife Annie Suwan for a massage? Thieneman claims the producers suggested he say it and then asked him to say it again multiple times so they would have more takes to work with.

Read More

This stuff isn't reality anymore (if it ever was).  These couples know what they're getting into and nobody is going to pick some boring couple to be on the show so they create drama and make up stories.  The reward is that no matter what a jerk you came off as on the show, people will now start paying you for interviews and to go to meet and greets and you might parlay your experience into something even bigger and better.  So, it benefits you to create a character.  Something that people will either love or hate.  Being normal won't get your on the show. 

4 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Bar girl or not, it's generally the same for many, if not most, girls in Thailand: the husband is seen as a provider, and if he cannot provide for a family, why is he then needed...?

The word "husband" means to take care of. As in animal husbandry.

4 minutes ago, khunPer said:

It's not a bar girl or a Thai thing, many women marry based on what they think he's going to be worth in the future. Obviously marrying a doctor or a lawyer or a banker or whatever is more prestigious for a girl than marrying the local car mechanic. 

And what is the western men's reaction when they see some deadbeat guy with a semi-attractive woman?  Oh, she could do so much better.  So, men have those same expectations. 

Yet, suddenly Thai women are playing a different game because they want to make sure they're not marrying some deadbeat? 

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I did, i.e. marry a tart, your words, although I refer to her as my village slut, 100's of strangers through her, doubt it, but then again, who cares, acceptance is part of life, that is unless you live in a shallow world, but then again, as long as you're happy in your bubble, from your comment above, I doubt it, but then again, who cares, life is too short, get a grip on it before it's over.......

My wife was a university girl, we have been together 14 years, but if at any time in our relationship I found out she was a bargirl before she met me, it would not matter, she has been a loving wife and GF since the day I met her, that is all that matters.

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

My wife was a university girl, we have been together 14 years, but if at any time in our relationship I found out she was a bargirl before she met me, it would not matter, she has been a loving wife and GF since the day I met her, that is all that matters.

Happy for you.

The problem that we have is some of a lot of these guys who use the services of bar girls, or what have you, are usually the ones to call them tarts or other words if I used would automatically be deleted here on TVF, without realising or caring that if such girls had other opportunities, they wouldn't be spreading them for the life of them.

The above said, these types can also be the bitter types who didn't see it coming, i.e. picking up a female and being fleeced without reading into her character, blinded by her beauty and charm, then handing it all over to the girl to manage, badda bing, badda bang, badda boooom, big mistake, then they taint them all with the same brush, but then again, I am not going to waste my time trying to convince them that not ALL females are the same, regardless if they are a bar girl, or other words that these guys want to call them, because they feel that sex is dirty, but like I said, they will use them in the 1st available instance, but for whatever reasons will slag them off as soon as they have finished their business, perhaps the I'm a big shot or guilty syndrome, whatever floats their boat, these types are seldom happy in life IMO.

14 minutes ago, digibum said:

It's not a bar girl or a Thai thing, many women marry based on what they think he's going to be worth in the future. Obviously marrying a doctor or a lawyer or a banker or whatever is more prestigious for a girl than marrying the local car mechanic. 

And what is the western men's reaction when they see some deadbeat guy with a semi-attractive woman?  Oh, she could do so much better.  So, men have those same expectations. 

Yet, suddenly Thai women are playing a different game because they want to make sure they're not marrying some deadbeat? 

Thanks, you are right in some cases, but it was to my knowledge merely like that before. In many Western countries the basic need for a provider has changed due to Social Security and government support, people don't need to choose partner after income or wealth – even many a Western girl/lady still dream about a billionaire...????

However, it's said that women mainly always marry up in status level, but many young Western couples stay together, and marry, before they know about education and future income.

Thailand seem in many ways to be like the West was 50 to 70 years – or little more – ago, and by that time the man's income was important, as many married women did not work, and social security was much more limited than today.

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Hope you had a full range of STD checks then, some people are happy with accepting 

'village sluts' as a wife, not me as I have more self respect.

Archived