Meeting a girl in a bar: David and Annie buck the trend but now US man denies that happened

webfact

6 hours ago, jgm005 said:

Met my Thai wife in a go-go bar in Nana.  We have been together for 23 years.  I was very lucky, Extremely honest woman. Never missed the bar life.

Few thousand others did as well, since divorced, you just got lucky. Went to one nana bargirl marriage in 2001, lasted 6 weeks!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Hope you had a full range of STD checks then, some people are happy with accepting 

'village sluts' as a wife, not me as I have more self respect.

STD free, that's not to say you can't pick up freebies from a total stranger, condom or not.

You just keep looking at yourself in that mirror and keep respecting yourself while I keep enjoy my "village slut', tart, whore or whatever else you wish to refer to them as, in the process, I will try to respect myself a little more.

22 hours ago, seajae said:

when you actually love someone it is not because of money,

Then reality hits home! :shock1: "old fashioned" values no longer count, money, prestige, plastic body parts, tats & more money are what we "should" all be striving for now, least according to the MSM. LOve - Blah :thumbsup:

On 12/10/2019 at 2:23 PM, webfact said:

He said he also has a job working with a US company with interests in SE Asia while Annie teaches Thai Cooking and Catering. 

he teaches english to china clients online

and she was a hand.w...  in a bar as there is proof of that online

the 90 days pillow talk is really funny

43 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

STD free, that's not to say you can't pick up freebies from a total stranger, condom or not.

You just keep looking at yourself in that mirror and keep respecting yourself while I keep enjoy my "village slut', tart, whore or whatever else you wish to refer to them as, in the process, I will try to respect myself a little more.

You referred to your wife as the village slut not me, maybe you should have a bit more respect for her?

3 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

You referred to your wife as the village slut not me, maybe you should have a bit more respect for her?

And now your telling me that I should have more respect for my wife.

Just goes to show that you have no understanding of women or humor, so let's move on shall we.....

2 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

And now your telling me that I should have more respect for my wife.

Just goes to show that you have no understanding of women or humor, so let's move on shall we.....

would she be amused to know you called her the village slut on an internet forum? not funny for anyone except you it seems

59 minutes ago, khunPer said:

Thanks, you are right in some cases, but it was to my knowledge merely like that before. In many Western countries the basic need for a provider has changed due to Social Security and government support, people don't need to choose partner after income or wealth – even many a Western girl/lady still dream about a billionaire...????

However, it's said that women mainly always marry up in status level, but many young Western couples stay together, and marry, before they know about education and future income.

Thailand seem in many ways to be like the West was 50 to 70 years – or little more – ago, and by that time the man's income was important, as many married women did not work, and social security was much more limited than today.

Is not only old time also now when the lady have 45/50 old and not fund job and have children to take care the way is only one for many lady, social security on Europe is fade away in many countries.

7 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Hope you had a full range of STD checks then, some people are happy with accepting 

Anyone that in all seriousness refers to someone as "village sluts" is full of self loathing and has no self respect.  You give yourself too much credit.

17 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I wouldn't worry for him if she had worked in a bar or not, but her sulky attitude to him buying her (not enough) gold and sneering about his lack of 'safety money' that she so clearly wants to get her hands on is a massive red flag. If he can't see what's going on, I feel bad for him.

It is called acting. That is how they get an audience. Sensationalism for the brain dead.

18 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Good morning Orton.

you watch this program already? 555555555

I think David must pay for wife.

Is not hansome, personality terrible, he lie, idiot. Have nothing. Pitiful guy. 

It's common when meeting women in Canada for them to ask what you do for a living. This is a not at all subtle way of asking, "How much money do you make?"

Thai, Lao, Vietnamese, Canadian...they are all the same. Who can blame them? Which guy among us that is married to a local girl secretly wishes she came from the Red Bull family?

On 12/12/2019 at 8:46 AM, Yinn said:

Good morning Orton.

you watch this program already? 555555555

I think David must pay for wife.

Is not hansome, personality terrible, he lie, idiot. Have nothing. Pitiful guy. 

but shes  a  real keeper  right?

On 12/10/2019 at 3:12 PM, nev said:

Everybody has a past it is what you do and achieve in the future and present  that counts. 

Don't agree completely (for what that's worth). We're all the product what we've done in the past not of what we might do in the future. Of course we can change if what we are isn't to our liking, but not everyone can successfully make large-scale changes, and the resources required would (in my opinion) not be available to most Thais.

I'd heard about the show from a topic on TV.

Saw one episode once (I think it was on a long flight and I was really, really bored).

Didn't take long to realize it was mostly BS. The fat, ugly guys (or women) hooking up with much hotter partners and trying to get them into the USA, where the foreigners quickly realize that Mr (or Mrs) right is actually a poor loser. That might still be living with his mom. And not because he wants to.

I also found out that the people on that show (and others like it) get paid around $1,000 per episode.

And guess what ? If there isn't any "drama" - there isn't any interest and you aren't likely to re-appear any time soon.

So most of that "drama" is scripted, and poorly at that. It's like a cheap "C" grade movie (not even good enough to make "B" status) that's cut up into weekly segments.

Almost bad enough to make you want to pull the searing hot pokers from your eyes and turn on the Kardashians instead.

Almost.

I'm not sure why some people are calling the girl a money grabber.

Why would a (relatively) young and (relatively) good looking girl want to marry someone much older, with a lack of charisma and with his physical appearance if he can't even provide for her financially? I mean, what exactly is he bringing to the party? Does he think that simply being a Westerner entitles him to marry a pretty young girl? 

I actually think he was the one being greedy. 

12 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

I'm not sure why some people are calling the girl a money grabber.

Why would a (relatively) young and (relatively) good looking girl want to marry someone much older, with a lack of charisma and with his physical appearance if he can't even provide for her financially? I mean, what exactly is he bringing to the party? Does he think that simply being a Westerner entitles him to marry a pretty young girl? 

I actually think he was the one being greedy. 

First you say you're not sure why people call her a money grabber....

And then you give 4 solid reasons why she actually is one...

Are you sure now? Or still not so sure?

????

On 12/10/2019 at 9:55 AM, Tropposurfer said:

Damn there are lots of people with lots of time on their hands to be talking about this dude and whoever he married. Get a life/lives. 

If so, pray tell why the comment? You're doing exactly the same. Killing time.

On 12/10/2019 at 3:55 PM, Tropposurfer said:

Damn there are lots of people with lots of time on their hands to be talking about this dude and whoever he married. Get a life/lives. 

David did agree for the TV film his life.

For money.

Is funny show. 

8 hours ago, Yinn said:

David did agree for the TV film his life.

For money.

Is funny show. 

The show was quite funny, and this was one of the most watchable couples on it. Regarding his weight, I recall in the years prior to the show he'd also had a serious weight problem and following a stroke he'd lost quite a bit of it. Looks like it's gone back on. 

I met my 9th wife in a bar, and it lasted only 3 weeks because the entire Nigerian football team seemed to remember her when we went to watch them play.  Well, actually, it was after the game and she was gone for four hours in the locker room and came back with lots of money.  

you are who you are.   we don't change that much.  don't try to change anyone, they aren't changing.  

It is often said in Thailand that you can take the girl out of the bar but you can't take the bar out of the girl. 

You can take a girl out of a bar, but you can't take the prostitute out of her brain. 

After 3,499 men with all sorts of perverted wishes, they can hardly be considered normal. 

"I love you too much" with an innocent smile seems to work well. 

Archived