AIS Fibre : Faster speeds, same price.

The Fat Controller

Yesterday I noticed that AIS were advertising their 200/200 fibre service for the same price as our 100/100.

Called them yesterday evening and they instantly upgraded both our contracts to the new speed for the same price.

Our older installation only had a single band router, so my wife asked if they could upgrade the router too.

That free upgrade was agreed last night with a very late call-back at 2310 and a promise to be here between 1200 and 1600 today

Two technicians arrived at 1330 and replaced the ONT and router with the latest version.

I am a very happy customer !

Just as an aside, our original contract that started 4 years ago was for 50/10 at a price of 888 + VAT

Now paying 599 + VAT for 200/200, that's internet only, no extras.

It pays to keep an eye on the website !

Tip for 3BB customers: go to their website, register if necessary, login, look for their "Swop" promotion.

This is a new feature. You can select asymmetrical speeds that add up to the total of your current d/l + u/l speeds. For example, I have 700/700 service, so I swapped it for 1000/400 service. The change takes place immediately, and you can make the change as often as you like.

Note: the 1000 Mbps Ethernet ports on computers can only achieve at most 930 Mbps actual throughput. So, my speedtest to the nearest 3BB server measures 923/400. 

OP,

Just in case you are not aware AIS has a Speed Toogle function were you can change your download/upload speed.  Works like a charm....super easy...new speed setting is immediate....does not change your cost per month or anything...just allows you to tweak the download/upload speeds.  And after using the new speed selection if you want to change back...try another speed available for your particular plan...then you can...only takes a few seconds.

With your 200/200 plan you should be able to change it to 400/50 if you need more download speed or 40/400 if you are are a big uploader and need maximum upload speed.  I expect most people opt for a faster download and lower download setting.  See snapshot below.

Just go to below AIS weblink....then click on the link in Step 1...select Change Internet Speed....select the one you want....the change is immediate.  You can change speeds as many times as you want...just need to wait one minute before changing.   Works like a charm...I have my 500/200 plan set to 700/50.

https://www.ais.co.th/fibre/speedtoggle/en/

image.png.44c616eb343bcadb5ad277dfb1d5b3ef.png

11 hours ago, jackdd said:

My AIS package was recently upgraded from 2x 300/300 to 2x 500/500. They just did it by themselves, I didn't have to request it

Same thing happened on my AIS Power4Maxx 300/100 plan...it automatically went to 500/200 with zero notice to me it had.  I just happened to notice I had much faster download/upload doing some speedtests and when I checked my AIS online acct it said my Current Speed setting was 500/200 (which I later changed to 700/50 using Speed Toogle). 

Archived