Thaivisa interview with British Ambassador to Thailand

Jonathan Fairfield

A lot of talk but nothing achieved. Most of it was diplomatic evasive waffle. The interviewer did not even ask him about visa issues like TM30 or 90 day report. His answer on compulsory insurance… "we're talking to the Thai Government."

Quotation from the Ambassador:- "I was there with my husband Scott." Yep, he is one of them! They might as well move the embassy to Boys Town Pattaya.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Colabamumbai said:

Like all embassy's now, they don't want to see you if they can avoid it, or for the least time as possible.

"All embassy's". That an assumption based on a vague concept and hardly on fact. I deal only with the US Embassy, American Citizens Services (super service, multiple times), and can only comment on that entity and not "All embassy's". Can you comment on the number of embassies that you have had personal and recent dealings with?

British  embassy are about  as useful  as tits on a nun

They want UK UK expats  to work for them for free or next  to nothing 

Before you could go to photo  shop and they took the passport photo  for you 

So you know  its taken by a professional 

Now you have to take  yourself and upload it yourself rather  than speak  to a human being

I went tk embassy a while ago

They gave me a room with a phone

The phone was had a list of options with links tk websites with more links

Rarther  than speaking  to a person which  could  have answered  my question  in minutes

Ended up leaving  the embassy  after 800 kms journey  with no information  

No one to conact

No help 

Nothing 

Proper  utter usless.

Meanwhile  can see embassy peoppe walking around care free inside  the compound  completely  ignoring  everyone like they are royals  or something 

Nothing  but usless peices of spaper

Mr Davidson should experience "life in LOS' before giving interviews.

He sits behind rose colored glasses in lovely free house paid for by the British Government. He leaves the house in his chauffeur driven car, sits in an air conditioned office all day and returns home.

He is paid extra money for his "hardship assignment" and has no idea what actually happens in the day to day life of British people. The job is a little"jolly" for him.

A Brit working in the Embassy has always been a rarity and the whole idea is a disgrace to HRH the Queen of England.

Not many people have one good word to say about the British Embassy or maybe I am completely wrong?

Archived