Russian tourist bitten by a monkey on To Sae Hill, Phuket town

snoop1130

Russian tourist bitten by a monkey on To Sae Hill, Phuket town

By The Thaiger

4468410-1.jpg

Phuket Hotnews

On December 10, a report emerged that a tourist had been bitten by a monkey on the popular To Sae Hill viewpoint in Phuket Town. The video shared on social media shows that the man was bleeding a lot from his arm before another man helped attend to the wound to stop the blood.

A volunteer who takes care of monkeys on the hill said that this is not the first time that the local monkeys had attacked people, especially tourists because the tourists wither don’t know, or follow the warnings and suggestions on the signs installed on many spots on the hill in four languages; Thai, English, Chinese and Russian.

The volunteer also mentioned that people shouldn’t feed the monkeys with their hand directly but place the food on the ground for the monkeys to pick up. Also, people shouldn’t touch the monkeys because they can get scared and frightened, which might lead to an attack.

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism/russian-tourist-bitten-by-a-monkey-on-to-sae-hill-phuket-town

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-12-10

3 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I go to Lopburi a lot to photo them, they are interesting but simply nasty and disgusting.

Yeah the monkeys drive the locals mad but at least in Lopburi the street dogs are kept under control by the monkeys. Its the only place in Thailand that I feel sorry for the soi dogs.

10 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Yeah the monkeys drive the locals mad but at least in Lopburi the street dogs are kept under control by the monkeys. Its the only place in Thailand that I feel sorry for the soi dogs.

There arent any dogs in the monkey area LOL. 

When I asked my GP about safety before my first trip to LOS in 1987, he told me to avoid monkeys and monkey/photo touts. He had just finished three weeks of treatment for a young lass from Oz who paid $5 to a tout for a monkey to sit on her shoulder, only to have it bite a large chunk out of her ear. Her ear got badly infected - apparently monkeys are a major carrier of the rabies virus. Rabies is rife in Thailand, so I got the message. He never warned me about BG's tho !

I hate monkeys - 2 months ago I was in sri lanka honey moon with my wife she got attacked with same monkey without any notice while walking near the beach , But I was stronger I catch him and I put my hand on his throat and I put him on ground I jumping on his stomach until he die in front of me I kick the ass of the monkey, Conclusion never be afraid from any animal you meet show him you are stronger. 

25 years ago not a monkey up there...wild animals like the dogs there??? Me thinks local and popular exercise trail turned zoo for tourist who leave dosh (which its all about) mixed with locals who want to exercise in peace from both monkeys and tourists.????

Archived