Jump to content
BANGKOK
Jozel

Ladies group in Sukhumvit

Recommended Posts

Where are my fellow single women hang out in Sukhumvit? I moved here a month ago due to work. Hanging out with colleagues in and outside the office is so tiring to me. I need a new environment, fresh people to hang out with. I found a women expat group in Bangkok but they do book clubs, coffee - which I do by myself all the time. I also joined "speed friending" 2 weeks ago, turned out there were lots of men than women. I have lots of male friends and dating is the least I wanted right now. I hope I can find women groups or fellow gal pals that I can do some sports like wall climbing, tennis, or any outdoor activities, gardening and of course home shopping! 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well one place you will certainly find Western women is Villa market (evenings/ weekends) but they aren't there to socialize and often in a hurry.

 

You sound as if you may be young and you will want people close to your own age. Afraid I can't advise. where they hang out.

 

But one thing I do strongly suggest is that you enroll in a Thai language class, at AUA or elsewhere as convenient for you. One, you stand a good chance of meeting other female newcomers, and two, with a bit of Thai speaking you will also be able to make Thai female friends.

 

Joining a yoga class, if so inclined, is also a good idea.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised you haven't had many offers here by now. But of course, they'd be the wrong sex.

 

Good luck. Be patient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2019 at 7:21 PM, Jozel said:

Where are my fellow single women hang out in Sukhumvit?

Many of them are in Soi 4, Soi 23 and anywhere in between. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2019 at 10:58 AM, Sheryl said:

Well one place you will certainly find Western women is Villa market (evenings/ weekends) but they aren't there to socialize and often in a hurry.

 

You sound as if you may be young and you will want people close to your own age. Afraid I can't advise. where they hang out.

 

But one thing I do strongly suggest is that you enroll in a Thai language class, at AUA or elsewhere as convenient for you. One, you stand a good chance of meeting other female newcomers, and two, with a bit of Thai speaking you will also be able to make Thai female friends.

 

Joining a yoga class, if so inclined, is also a good idea.

Thanks so much Sheryl. Yes' I'm 31 and I do yoga. I joined some meetup groups for the past 2 months, still hopeful to find female groups that are fit with my interests and lifestyle. 

 

I'm near villa market and I get it, I'll also be in a hurry to leave after market day or will just have a quick bite or drinks before running another errands. 

 

There's also a Thai-English learning group at Emquartier's food court every Tuesdays. I'll try to join next month.

 

Wish me luck!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2019 at 11:06 AM, neeray said:

I'm surprised you haven't had many offers here by now. But of course, they'd be the wrong sex.

 

Good luck. Be patient.

What do you mean offers? LOL I'm not really interested into dating right now - if they ask me to hang out as an excuse. I guess there are parents and moms who are busy to do sports activities so they really don't have time for that and opt to have a wind down moments instead like a book club. 

 

Yes for sure there are expats in my area, I live in Thonglor. It just depends on what they do on free time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2019 at 11:33 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Many of them are in Soi 4, Soi 23 and anywhere in between. 

Thanks @OneMoreFarang I avoided the area where lots of pubs and tourists. I think I've overgrown the phase of bars as a typical hang out.

I'm in Sukhumvit 34. Ekkamai is one of my favourites lately. I also go to Phra Nakhon District and let myself get lost in the old town. 

 

Let me know if someone in your area are interested with plants, furniture shopping - good luck to me! Haha.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...