Enter Thailand from Poipet

Drama & hassle today.  After waiting in immigration line at Poipet for more than 3 hours I was taken to see the boss who informed me that I cannot leave Thailand and return on my visa.  I have a 1 year visa based on marriage,  multi Re entry from savanaket issued September this year. He says I need to return to Australia and get a 1 year visa from there,  I told him I am going to korat immi office tomorrow to do tm30 & will talk to them.  He refused to accept anything I said & refused to look again at my visa.  Seems to me he just wants me to get OA  visa

• Haha 1

So their claimed 'issue' is that the Multiple Entry Visa was issued in Savanaket, Laos? Odd that a border post can refuse to accept Visas selectively like this. I see UJ comments it may be wider...  and Visas from home country are wanted. What a cowboy scenario. 

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

So far it is only Poi Pet is doing it. Certainly not the first report about. I have written several times to avoid the Poi Pet crossing if at all possible for any reason.

I suggested he go to a crossing near where he is staying since he mentioned going to immigration in Korat.

I meant in respect of Poipet also rejecting Multiple Entry Visas issued elsewhere too. Is that also happening?

32 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I meant in respect of Poipet also rejecting Multiple Entry Visas issued elsewhere too. Is that also happening?

It appeared you were referring to other border crossings.

It does not matter where the multiple entry visa was issued.

Has anyone raised a complaint to Immigration about this?

I understood it was Cambodia for I g a minimum  24 hour stay before returning.  Not the Thai immigration side.

They used to be so helpful at this crossing years ago. Wonder what happened 

Edited by maprao
Spelling
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Go to the crossing in Chong Chom in Surin. No problem for you to do the border hop there for a new 90 day entry.

Poi Pet has a reputation for making problems for those with a multiple entry visa.

Just did there... i think 2-3 weeks ago. NON-O multi... no problem at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maprao said:

I understood it was Cambodia for I g a minimum  24 hour stay before returning.  Not the Thai immigration side.

Greed

2 hours ago, maprao said:

??? Poipet has never been helpful. Are yoy maybe confusing it with somewhete else?

I've been crossing there for over 20 years. It has always been corrupt and awful.  (I live just 2 hrs from it and any other border crossing would be seriously out of my way). 

• Like 1

I used to pass through Poipet 3 or 4 times a year when I had friends living in Siem Reap. It became so much hassle waiting in immigration queues and trying to avoid the ever growing scams but I never had any visa issues. Once AirAsia opened the route I never did Poipet again.