Explanation for 6+ on one?

Bangkok Barry

We often read of the Thai's propensity to attack a person six or more against one. Why does it happen? Commentators on here usually put it down to cowardice, but I think there's more to it than that.

Thailand has a very strict and to many an overbearing class structure, and those involved in these one-sided attacks usually come from the very bottom of the structure. They are looked down upon by everyone. That must be very frustrating, and so when they have a chance to vent that frustration, even over a trivial matter, they fight back with the only weapon they have, violence. It is their only opportunity to assert themselves, Add to the mix that Thais have very little self-control as discipline barely exists in society, and you have a perfect set-up for what we so often see.

Just my point of view.

I see your point. 

This very same reason... society doesn't allow for outward shows of emotion... an underlying and building frustration which can simmer for days and day, months sometimes without an 'outlet'.... 

This is why I think some people (most?) here get in a car and automatically flick on the 'eff-you' switch and drive like antisocial a-hooles.... it could also explain why it takes a minor event to trigger outrageous violence in some, particularly those under-privileged who lack other means of outlet. 

Thais can use extreme violence even for trivial matters , so, when you fight, it may be a fight for your life . If you lose the fight, you may die .

So, in order to win the fight and stay alive , they increase the odds of winning by outnumbering the opposition .

In the Western world, we typically fight one against one and stop once one person is defeated .

Once they are down, leave them and dont keep kicking them .

Thailand, once they are down , thats a green light to go in for the kill .

Strength  in  numbers

People are kidding themselves if they think this is a Thai issue. It happens in EVERY country in the world. Its a numbers game. People are naive or delusional to think otherwise. There is no such thing as a fair fight and if I was being attacked I would expect my friends to jump in and help me.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7766717/Chilling-moment-London-gang-drop-bikes-pull-blades-killing-father-19.html

If you compare how Thai men and women and women are treated when they are children, it's easy to see the males are mostly spoiled brats. That translates into no restraint when they are adults. The male role models they have perpetuate the tradition.

Oh Barry. Why do you ask TVF. Why you not ask Thai people about Thai people? 

usuly have the reason.

TVF report “10 to 1 lovely Irish guy in Pattaya” yesterday.

But real story on CCTV camera, is 4 guys do it after he hit the woman. Som nam na. Not 10. 

Another TVF story in Phuket, is Burmese people attack USA guy who start problem.  Not thai people. Everyone say is thai. 

The only time I see it real life witness, because rape the girl. Som nam na.

Slang is called รุมสกรรม IF your friend have a fight, you should help them right? What you do Barry? 

Simple answer your question Barry, to win fight. Same when USA or UK go to invade, have big weapons, many soldier. Not want to lose right? 

The caucasion care about numbers in the fight. I watching SEA games now, fighting. Have different weight level. You see the Irishman yesterday Barry? He be super heavyweight. Fair street fight should care about that also? Should say “Excuse me Sir, we just look for one 140kg Thai for fight you, wait please”

Same Euro football fan gang.

Same caucasion motorcycle gang. 

Why do Brit stab so much?

Why do USA gun so much? 

All euro fight football? All caucasion motorbike gang? All Brit stab? All USA shoot people? All Thai people do it? 

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Thailand has a very strict and to many an overbearing class structure,

Really?

and those involved in these one-sided attacks usually come from the very bottom of the structure.

Wrong. Do you watch thai news? Or not?

They are looked down upon by everyone. That must be very frustrating, and so when they have a chance to vent that frustration, even over a trivial matter

Oh Barry. 

Which “trivial” matter? The Irishman hit a woman?

, they fight back with the only weapon they have, violence.

What else fight with Barry? Love? Hug?

Add to the mix that Thais have very little self-control as discipline barely exists in society, and you have a perfect set-up for what we so often see.

All Thai right? 

How many Thai man you know Barry? How many do it?

You ever fight when young Barry? Or not? 

Good thread Barry. Will be good for everyone to make all Thais with the same brush. Be popular sure..With stupid reason why.

perfect Thai “bash” thread Barry. Good Barry. Will go 20+ page sure. 

If you want “fair” fight, do boxing ring/referee, street fight never be “fair”.

Boxing is competition. Street fight is anger.

ps I not post this thread again. Stupid question, will be stupid answer. Lazy.

Simple answer= for win. Always because some reason. Not be about football game, same Europe.

Oh Barry. “Some”  Barry. 

6 hours ago, sanemax said:

In the Western world, we typically fight one against one and stop once one person is defeated .

That's an incredibly naïve view of violence in the west!  When you refer to "we", presumably you're referring to the way that you claim to fight, yes?

13 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

That's an incredibly naïve view of violence in the west!  When you refer to "we", presumably you're referring to the way that you claim to fight, yes?

It really isnt .

Large gangs tend not to attack single persons when theres no need to in the West .

And once a person gets knocked down, usually the fights over 

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:
11 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

It really isnt .

Large gangs tend not to attack single persons when theres no need to in the West .

And once a person gets knocked down, usually the fights over 

That really is an incredibly naïve and unsubstantiated view of violence in the west! 

16 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

People are kidding themselves if they think this is a Thai issue. It happens in EVERY country in the world. Its a numbers game. People are naive or delusional to think otherwise. There is no such thing as a fair fight and if I was being attacked I would expect my friends to jump in and help me.

Exactly.  If my friends ever got in a fight, you can bet your left nut that I'd jump in to help.  I wouldn't care if it was 2 on 1 or 10 on 1.  It would be more cowardice to not jump in to help a friend.  Perhaps the OP is the sort who would stand there and watch his friend being beaten to a pulp.  It seems a lot of farangs on TV have that same attitude. 

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

Exactly.  If my friends ever got in a fight, you can bet your left nut that I'd jump in to help.  I wouldn't care if it was 2 on 1 or 10 on 1.  It would be more cowardice to not jump in to help a friend.  Perhaps the OP is the sort who would stand there and watch his friend being beaten to a pulp.  It seems a lot of farangs on TV have that same attitude. 

You should get friends who can handle themselves on their own .

If I had a friend who got into fights and needed me to step in and fight his fights for him, he wouldnt be a friend much longer

8 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Perhaps the OP is the sort who would stand there and watch his friend being beaten to a pulp.  It seems a lot of farangs on TV have that same attitude.

The OP (me) and my friends wouldn't get into such a situation. We don't keep that sort of company or get into situations where a fight might occur. It really isn't too difficult. I'm 70 and have never been in a fight in my entire life, and nor has anyone else I know. Others, I know, like to look for trouble and are insecure enough to need to prove they're macho men.

Maybe lets ask: Why do farangs, as far as I know, normally fight one on one?

I think they grew up with rules like the Queensberry Rules.

Now let's look at war: Do armies fight fair? As far as I know they don't do that. They look for the biggest advantage which they can get and then they fight to win. Fairness is not a consideration.

I think typical Thais fight to win or they want to punish someone. I.e. if a robber stole something and they catch him then they will kick him. As much as possible and with anybody who likes to join. I guess with a robber some people wouldn't ask if that is fair. They punish a criminal.

But then I think they act in a similar way in other fights. They fight to win.

This is just theory, I am no fighter and I have no insider information.

10 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The OP (me) and my friends wouldn't get into such a situation. We don't keep that sort of company or get into situations where a fight might occur. It really isn't too difficult. I'm 70 and have never been in a fight in my entire life, and nor has anyone else I know. Others, I know, like to lo

Oh Barry. 

So why you make this thread? For what Barry?

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe lets ask: Why do farangs, as far as I know, normally fight one on one?

Not sure about that.  I've seem swarms of Trump supporters beating up on a lone protester at Trump rallies in the USA.  Mob mentality, to be sure, but this one-on-one thing you guys keep harping about only happens in the movies. 

2 hours ago, Berkshire said:

Not sure about that.  I've seem swarms of Trump supporters beating up on a lone protester at Trump rallies in the USA.  Mob mentality, to be sure, but this one-on-one thing you guys keep harping about only happens in the movies. 

I guess the supporters of some politicians survive by relying on their reptilian brain. At least for me that is the easiest way to kind of understand their behavior.

On 12/10/2019 at 9:02 PM, sunnyboy2018 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7766717/Chilling-moment-London-gang-drop-bikes-pull-blades-killing-father-19.html

I dont normally agree with your posts on here, but i do this one.

Such nonsense about fair fights, one v one etc. Complete tosh. If you get into a fight, expect to fight- not Queensbury Rules. If you fight someone with friends and you are alone, you will get a complete shoeing. You would not expect his friends to just let him get beaten up and stand there saying 'good fair fight chaps'. I don't think Thailand is any worse for it than anywhere else. If you read the daily reports from around the UK/Europe/US you would have the same every day of the week across the countries. They just don't report it as its just standard now and not even news worthy. Most just have a good old scrap (drunk of course) get black eyed, bruised, broken nose or something end up and A&E and that's the end of it in most cases. People are being knifed on a daily basis in London, yeah they are so honorable not to beat you up with more than 1 v 1...

It is a Tribe thing, all over the world.

Just look at Village against Village, School against School, Gang against Gang, Every where.

Good reason to make friends with the Locals around you, so when the Gangs come calling,

you will have a chance against them.

You think it is bad now, wait until the world finance system goes down.

Archived