Still possible to get a multi entry non O based on marriage without financial requirements?

10 minutes ago, Griff4114 said:

Can some please list what documents are required for this visa in Los and Vietnam. Many thanks. And can it be done from a tourist visa to marriage visa.

Original marriage certificate and a copy. Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card signed by her. Copy of your passport photo page.

At Ho Chi Minh City they also want a letter from your wife requesting the visa be issued.

The fee in Savannakhet is 5000 baht and $200 US in HCMC.

Unless you have a valid multiple entry tourist visa you would not have a valid tourist visa or even an entry from one.

17 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Original marriage certificate and a copy. Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card signed by her. Copy of your passport photo page.

Also required are two passport sized photos. If you go to Savannakhet there is a place on the opposite side of the road from the Thai Consulate. For a fee they can help you complete the application form and take the necessary photos. 

18 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Unless you have a valid multiple entry tourist visa you would not have a valid tourist visa or even an entry from one.

To apply for such a Multi Non Imm O Visa in Savannakhet or HCMC, do you need to enter on a METV?

Please clarify, thanks!

47 minutes ago, sjbrownderby said:

Also required are two passport sized photos. If you go to Savannakhet there is a place on the opposite side of the road from the Thai Consulate. For a fee they can help you complete the application form and take the necessary photos. 

Or you could download the form and complete it.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/savannakhet/contents/files/services-20190820-153837-960459.PDF

Saying passport size photo can be misleading. Many people consider a passport photo to be a 2" X 2" photo which would be to big since the want 3.5 X 4.5 cm photos..

2 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

To apply for such a Multi Non Imm O Visa in Savannakhet or HCMC, do you need to enter on a METV?

I was replying to this question.

18 hours ago, Griff4114 said:

And can it be done from a tourist visa to marriage visa.

No type of Thai visa is required to apply for a visa at any embassy or consulate.

If he had a valid METV they could reject the application due to having a valid visa in his passport.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, CelticTam said:

Don't forget to have a copy of your passport page with the exit stamp from Thailand and entry stamp to Laos.

Not needed at Savannakhet for a Multi Entry Non-Imm "O" visa based on marriage

10 hours ago, geordie said:

I have just submitted my non-o marriage 1 year visa application today at the Thai consulate, Savannakhet.

did not ask for financial proof.

5000 baht for visa and I will pick up tomorrow.

regards Geordie

I was thinking that you can make a Non O based on marriage for 90 days and then make extension for one year in Thailand,what are the requirements for a one year visa is it single entry or multiple.Can you confirm please.

30 minutes ago, vivananahuahin said:

I was thinking that you can make a Non O based on marriage for 90 days and then make extension for one year in Thailand,what are the requirements for a one year visa is it single entry or multiple.Can you confirm please.

The 1 year marriage visa from Savannakhet is a multi entry. The only thing is that you must do a border run every 90 days but if you do your last border run 2 days before the 1 year expires then you get another 90 days on entry which gives you 15 months before you need a new visa

• Like 1