Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Army chief confirms Thanathorn registered for conscription but was not enlisted

Recommended Posts

Army chief confirms Thanathorn registered for conscription but was not enlisted

 

73287724_710245936045750_895399519703793

 

Army Commander-in-Chief General Apirat Kongsompong has confirmed that Future Forward party leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit went through conscription process, but was not enlisted because there were already sufficient volunteers to fill the conscription quota.

 

The army chief said that the report on social media, accusing Thanathorn of using a fake Sor Dor 9 paper to avoid conscription, was untrue and urged the media and the online community to exercise caution before spreading fake news.

 

In response to the erroneous report, Thanathorn claimed that he had gone to Prawet district office to draw conscription lots, and drew a lot which freed him from being enlisted.

 

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/army-chief-confirms-thanathorn-registered-for-conscription-but-was-not-enlisted/

 

thaipbs.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, webfact said:

Army chief confirms Thanathorn registered for conscription but was not enlisted

now we have the army involved in the thanathorn persecution

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Boy oh Boy! Thanathorn has probably just begun to see how hard he is going to get hammered from all ends.

I do hope that is not a euphemism. Poor boy could end up walking bow-leged for weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No picture of the odious Big Oud to save face I suppose🤔

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Quite the opposite.  The army has exonerated him saying there was no fake document, and he wasn't conscripted strictly in accordance with the rules.

 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

In response to the erroneous report, Thanathorn claimed that he had gone to Prawet district office to draw conscription lots, and drew a lot which freed him from being enlisted.

two conflicting versions of the same issue?

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Army chief confirms a fact that can be confirmed elsewhere. Clear proof they don't have it in for him, right?

 

Now let's unfairly ban/dissolve his political party. Fair, right? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Where's the conflict?

 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Army Commander-in-Chief General Apirat Kongsompong has confirmed that Future Forward party leader Thanathorn Juangroongruangkit went through conscription process, but was not enlisted because there were already sufficient volunteers to fill the conscription quota.

 

5 hours ago, webfact said:

In response to the erroneous report, Thanathorn claimed that he had gone to Prawet district office to draw conscription lots, and drew a lot which freed him from being enlisted.

 

Maybe we read & understand differently?

If Thanathorn drew a lot that freed him from enlisting then how can Apirat say he was not enlisted because of sufficient numbers, that makes Apirats statement invalid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

 

 

Maybe we read & understand differently?

If Thanathorn drew a lot that freed him from enlisting then how can Apirat say he was not enlisted because of sufficient numbers, that makes Apirats statement invalid?

Your post to which I reacted itself reacted to a post by Oxx that said: "The army has exonerated him saying there was no fake document, and he wasn't conscripted strictly in accordance with the rules." So, despite the poor (ambiguous) syntax of the 2nd clause of that quote, there was NO conflict between that quote and your 2nd quote in the SAME post.

 

You are NOW quoting differently in a FURTHER post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...