BANGKOK
Tagged

Borehole water temperatur?

Anyone measured the water temp coming out of their borehole? If so, what depth is the water coming from, and also where in the country. 

I have an idea to build a insulated building for the water tanks, and use that as coolant air to our bungalow if the temp is low enough? Anyone heard of something simular? Im thinking of two big tanks, tanked up during the afternoon, and should keep the airtemp quite low for 12 hours. 

Not sure if this is going to help you here or not, but what you describe made me think of geothermal energy. Pretty much the same concept. There's tons of info on the net. 

18 minutes ago, djayz said:

Not sure if this is going to help you here or not, but what you describe made me think of geothermal energy. Pretty much the same concept. There's tons of info on the net. 

I read about, but that is a different concept of what I am thinking of. No water circularing only air from a insulated tank rom built next to our sleeping room in bungalow. The room is only 4 x 4 x 3,80, and there should not be necessery with dramatic huge air circularing system to keep a quite decent chilled airflow beetwen those two rooms. 

All depends on the groundwater temp? 

we are in udon thani province, sub pumps sits at 47m, high water table here. the water is what i would call "tepid" so kinda "lukewarm" ...555 

7 minutes ago, johng said:

use one of these instead 😋

image.jpeg.e0eb52342a8ec4eea23af44c156175b2.jpeg

We do not have electric from the net 😉 

11 minutes ago, thoongfoned said:

we are in udon thani province, sub pumps sits at 47m, high water table here. the water is what i would call "tepid" so kinda "lukewarm" ...555 

Then I guess it will be quite far fetced

Edited by Tagged

6 minutes ago, Tagged said:

We do not have electric from the net

I'd say your idea is impossible without electricity...you'd need it to pump ( a lot ) of tepid water into a big tank then blow the cool( er ish) air into the bedroom which will then be (maybe) 2 degrees cooler with nearly 100% humidity..after a few hours the water gets close to ambient temperature  you have to dump it all and start again...there are systems that use a split aircon like above that immerse the part labelled "aircon" in a  cool water tank to improve energy efficiency,you could combine the cooling tank with an inverter aircon that can also use less energy...then  a few solar panels,battery bank and (large ish) inverter should be able to run the aircon for a few hours each night...if I remember correctly my 9600 BTU non inverter aircon  pulls about 3.6 Amps with the compressor running and much less with just the fan going.. ( nameplate says  3.88 amps and 810.7 watts )

About 30m deep and also "lukewarm".

Maybe like 20 C. At this time of year it even feel warm when I pump in the evening.

The deeper you go the warmer it should become.

No way to do effective cooling with that water.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

@johng

I will have diesel generator, and the tank size about daily usage of water amount, 7-10 m3

Anyway, if water temp is as high as 20c there is no hope.

and will invest in a decent quiet diesel generator instead of spending 100k on a insulated storage house 😉

just an idea

2 minutes ago, Tagged said:

and will invest in a decent quiet diesel generator instead of spending 100k on a insulated storage house

You could put a cheaper noisy generator in the (sound) insulated storage house 😉

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, johng said:

You could put a cheaper noisy generator in the (sound) insulated storage house 😉

You are absolutely right ,-) but what is cheep actually? 

Buy one double price with inverter, autostart etc, or one cheep <deleted> that brakes down and have half life? 

Im sure I will build a pump house for the generator and a couple of salas for the water stations. Time will show