BANGKOK
webfact

Follow the Japanese model: Visa free entry for Chinese best "medicine" to stimulate tourism, Thai media

Copying others modles causes less dramas than thais thinking for themselves it seems so go for it.. Just a slower way to shoot yourselves in the foot.

Not sure visa free travel for the chinese is wise. Guess they dont watch foreign news here or think that being asian makes you some how impervious to a future take over. Dont bother me none though.. The chinese pooping in public videos are great!

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Perhaps the Chinese might amalgamate the two. I can see it now, a phone call from one of these call centres: Hello sir, one of your family has had a boating accident in Thailand and needs an urgent operation in hospital. Please make a money transfer to this account...

These Chinese nationals or Nigerian Chinese ? 

• Haha 1

VOA 15-day visas for the great saviours of Thai tourism - Chinese and Indians - does seem a little idiotic.

Remove all the restrictions and see what happens.

2 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Putting "Chinese" and "medicine" in the same sentence reminds me - aren't a large proportion of those tourists who skip the country without paying their Thai hospital bills Chinese?

Apparently, yes.

I suppose if the hospital cost them 'an arm and a leg' it would reduce their ability to 'skip' the country.

• Haha 1

What speaking about this man ?  Minister Tourism said today, this year, Mr Phiphat expects the number of tourist arrivals to reach 40.2 million, outpacing the goal of 39.8 million, but tourism revenue may fall short of the target of 2.04 trillion baht because of the global economic slowdown and solid baht.

Why everyone not happy every month one million tourist arrived more ?

I like so much this Minister Tourism comic comedy

• Haha 1

Too late already. Millions of Chinese have already been here, seen the mess, been scammed, died in every horrible way possible and those who have returned home unscathed have told their friends and family's not to bother as it's an expensive land fill site !

• Like 2

Chinese in, Taiwanese out. 

Of course, the Japanese love Taiwan, hmmm.....

The military government is just too petty and they just have to fool with everything.  The government that governs least governs best, but that will probably never don on cha cha and gang.

• Thanks 1

Brilliant :annoyed:

And open the land borders for Chinese camper vehicles.

As far as I remember that was a fact during some time and you would see them park on Jomtien beach.

3 days visa free entry, extendable up to 2 weeks for a fee of course. Fee will be refunded if you spend more than 10k THB/day.