what is with the view talay 2 obsession?

parafareno

there are hundreds of units for sale.....

but above 1,5 million....

Everything seems very expensive....why such a hype to live there or to buy?

Cause of construction? Pool? Security?

I used an elevator and it stopped like 6 times, there are so many people living there....

is there another condo that can be compared to view talay based on quality of construction, but cheaper??

VT2 condos are holding their value mostly because of location, location, location.  You can walk to a pretty good grocery store, to the airport bus station, to Immigration, to a good open air market (for now), to the beach, and to the Jomtien Complex area /Beach Road area with lots of bars and restaurants.  Baht bus out at the front entrance to take you into Pattaya or down Jomtien Beach Road.

Add to that a low condo fee that allows many owners to use the units very inexpensively part-time.  Few amenities except a pool but some owners prefer not paying for amenities they never use so VT2 suits them.  You likely will find some cheaper units in VT1 just down the road--sort of the same deal but in a slightly older building.

11 minutes ago, parafareno said:

and every condo is sold under company cause falangs rush to buy

If farangs 'rush to buy' that means that 49% of the condos are owned in foreign quota by farangs.  With over 1900 units at VT2, there should be some condos for sale in foreign quota by foreign owners selling.  A quick check of Hipflat shows a 43sqm condo on floor 17 with seaview in foreign name for 2.1MB.  And another in the B Building on floor 6. for 2MB.  Of course, it's nice if a project still has foreign quota available but popular condo buildings often don't in Pattaya.  I'm puzzled, though, as to why you are bothering with VT2 or any project with a majority of smaller units in the building since you call them 'shoeboxes'--and I presume wouldn't want to live in one.  

Archived