Kidnapped infant returned to her parents as woman arrested

webfact

Kidnapped infant returned to her parents as woman arrested

By The Nation

800_6a5d454a5ec1a54.jpg?v=1576040273

The police have arrested a woman who kidnapped a 2-day-old infant from Takuapa Hospital, Phang Nga province, apparently desperate to have her own child after suffering a miscarriage.

The woman took the baby from the hospital’s delivery room on December 10 and called a motorcycle taxi to pick her up.

The police checked security cameras in the hospital and tracked down an owner of the motorcycle named Chartchai Thongchai, 50, who said he had taken a woman and a baby to Thai Mueang district.

Relatives of the baby’s parents told the officers that a woman had tried to make friends with them and was asking to hold the baby before she took it away when no one was looking. 

She was arrested this morning at her residence in Takua Thung district. The baby, a girl, is being reunited with her biological parents,

She confessed that she planned to kidnap a baby and raise it as her child after having a miscarriage but was scared to tell the truth to her husband and relatives.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30379290

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-12-11

On 12/17/2019 at 7:40 PM, tabarin said:

I feel sorry for her, the emotional pain and then fear of losing face on top.

I hope the biological parents will be human enough to not press charges.

I can't believe what I'm reading. She stole someones newborn child, for crying out loud! She robbed them of the most precious thing in life in order to take it for herself. Emotional pain and fearing loss of face doesn't come anywhere close to justifying stealing someone's newborn. On top of that, it wasn't just a spur of the moment thing. She admittedly planned to steal someone's child.

What if she hadn't been caught? Then the poor parents would have to live their lives never knowing what happened to their child, whether or not it was killed, etc.

Archived