Back-to-back VE stamps?

I need to stay in Thailand a bit longer. So far, I have one SETV+extension, and one visa-exemption stamp+extension. I would like to do one VE stamp+extension this December 2019, and a third VE stamp (but no extension) in January 2020. Second tourist visa is not an option, sadly (applied for another SETV, but was voided). Total time in Thailand would be around 8 months (with a trip of a few weeks outside the country during that time).

How does this look/is it a lot? What are my chances of getting the VE stamps?

Edited by ThLT

Do not try for a visa exempt entry by air. At most land crossings, you will be OK. I am assuming that you do not plan to return to Thailand for quite a while after your last visa exempt entry in January. Otherwise, you need to be planning your entry strategies more carefully.

Thanks, @ubonshoe @Caldera @DrJack54 and @BritTim

Yeah, planning on doing a border entry for the 2nd VE.

I think it should be fine. Just in case, if ever I get refused the VE stamp at the border, say in Laos, what happens then—if I've already gotten my exit stamp for my 30-day Lao visa?

1 hour ago, ThLT said:

Thanks, @ubonshoe @Caldera @DrJack54 and @BritTim

Yeah, planning on doing a border entry for the 2nd VE.

I think it should be fine. Just in case, if ever I get refused the VE stamp at the border, say in Laos, what happens then—if I've already gotten my exit stamp for my 30-day Lao visa?

The Laos exit stamp will be cancelled.

• Like 1

I can't guarantee it, but from what i have observed i'm quite certain:

At the Mae Sai / Tachileik crossing they only let you out of Thailand if they are also letting you back in again (because you only get some kind of border pass and would be stuck in the border area in Myanmar). So the worst case scenario which can happen at this crossing would be that they don't let you out of Thailand. Go a day or two before your permit to stay actually expires, then you can still think about an alternative if they should really not let you out (so far i had no problems doing border runs at this crossing)

• Like 1