Multi non O, no 3 month exit needed?

Hello, just returned through Suvarnabhumi with a new multi-entry non O, the officer who stamped me in said if I go to CW Soi 7, I can pay to stay for the whole year without leaving for the reason he wrote on my departure card. Can anyone add any more to this? Google translate just says it means - sponsor a child. 

20191211_070908.jpg

You could apply for a extension of stay based upon marriage to or being the parent of a Thai.

You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only or proof of 40k baht income.

For the extension based upon being the parent of Thai you would need to be the legal parent of your child by way of marriage or legitimization of your parenthood.

You can also apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife or child for any of the 90 day entries from your visa.

• Like 1

Thank you Joe but not really what I mean. I'm try to avoid expensive trips every 3 months. On the departure card it says that I can just send a letter to imm div (1),notifying them of my address. The guy who stamped me in was hinting that I possibly wouldn't have to leave at all. 

Does anyone do this alternative to leaving stated on the departure card by just informing immigration by letter of your address? 

15760436797687760311281525356993.jpg

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, clearmirror said:

Thank you Joe but not really what I mean. I'm try to avoid expensive trips every 3 months. On the departure card it says that I can just send a letter to imm div (1),notifying them of my address. The guy who stamped me in was hinting that I possibly wouldn't have to leave at all. 

Does anyone do this alternative to leaving stated on the departure card by just informing immigration by letter of your address? 

There is nothing you can do to other than applying for an extension of your 90 day entry for one year. No need to leave the country unless you want to. The 1900 baht number shown is the fee for a extension of stay.

Number 3 on the card is for doing a report of staying longer than 90 consecutive days in the country. You cannot stay longer than 90 days with a non-o visa.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, clearmirror said:

So basically, if you're using the visa to live in Thailand for the whole year you have to leave every 3/5 months. A 60 day extension won't extend the year long validity of the visa. But you can get the extra 3 months on the end by returning on the last day of the visa. 

Correct

You can also get a 60 day extension of the last 90 day entry that makes the total stay from the visa almost 17 months.

I worry that Immigration was hinting that border bounces for a fresh 90-day stay was not the correct way of staying long term on a multiple Non O. There have been indications that the next immigration crackdown might be on people using multiple Non O visas to stay long term in Thailand.

(Hopefully, I am just being a little paranoid.)

13 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

What do you need to produce to get that 60 day extension?

You wife or child will need to be with you.

Original marriage or birth certificate and a copy of it. Copies of their house book registry and ID card (not needed for child unless 7 years old or older).

12 hours ago, BritTim said:

I worry that Immigration was hinting that border bounces for a fresh 90-day stay was not the correct way of staying long term on a multiple Non O. There have been indications that the next immigration crackdown might be on people using multiple Non O visas to stay long term in Thailand.

(Hopefully, I am just being a little paranoid.)

Hi, could you explain what indications have been given so far?