Multiple Questions Cham Yeam/ hat lek Crossing

Im leaving at the end of January when my Extension expires and will be flying to Siem Reap, will hang out there for a few days, then go down to PP. Im not going to bother with getting an SETV as I think I am going to the Maldives or somewhere at the end of Feb. So that being said, I was thinking of coming back overland via Cham Yeam/hat lek (if I get 30 days on an exempt). Have their been any reports of hassles there?

Has anybody done the trip down there vis PP? Hows the scenery?

I've nothing but good things to say about the Thai immigration officers at that border crossing. They've never hassled me at all, coming in both visa exempt and on tourist visas several times. I've also never heard or read of any reports to the contrary.

13 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Anybody know if you can get transport to the Koh Chang pier from there? It would suck to have to go all the way to trat

Trat is pretty much on the way to the main pier for Koh Chang. It is possible to reach some of the other islands from Khlong Yai, but services are infrequent.

11 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Trat is pretty much on the way to the main pier for Koh Chang. It is possible to reach some of the other islands from Khlong Yai, but services are infrequent.

Youre right, I misread the map. Easy peasy

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

I've nothing but good things to say about the Thai immigration officers at that border crossing. They've never hassled me at all, coming in both visa exempt and on tourist visas several times. I've also never heard or read of any reports to the contrary.

Yes on the Thai side the IOs are better than at most/all other crossing. The Cambodian Immigration at Hatlek, on the other hand, are the absolute pits.