90 days reporting & Phuket Immigration fiasco

I've been trying to do it online for months now using Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and no luck.  Always says to "see my nearest office".  So I do the 3 hour round trip to my nearest Immigration Office just to do my 90 day report or TM-30 every time.  It's a true merry-go-round.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

I've been trying to do it online for months now using Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and no luck.  Always says to "see my nearest office".  So I do the 3 hour round trip to my nearest Immigration Office just to do my 90 day report or TM-30 every time.  It's a true merry-go-round.  

Send it by mail.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

I've been trying to do it online for months now

Which office do you report to? Not all accept online reporting?

Do you have a new passport obtained in Thailand?

You can hardly be trying 'for months now', the window is only 7 days.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Which office do you report to? Not all accept online reporting?

Do you have a new passport obtained in Thailand?

You can hardly be trying 'for months now', the window is only 7 days.

Chiang Khan, apparently not.

No, my passport was not obtained in Thailand, it is the original passport which I entered Thailand on for the past 4 years.

I've been trying for months now - as in all of my last three 90 day reports (about 8 months now) and yes I am aware of the window of opportunity for doing a 90 day report online.  Yes I was within that window everytime and yes it was during normal Immigration business hours and not on a weekend or a holiday.  Same results every time I try and I have tried probably 20 or 30 times now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MeePeeMai said:

Chiang Khan, apparently not.

Pretty rural....

Then I suspect that is the reason. Have you ever asked them or another Expat? Maybe someone else here has experience and will confirm or deny.

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Pretty rural....

Then I suspect that is the reason. Have you ever asked them or another Expat? Maybe someone else here has experience and will confirm or deny.

My wife asked them and they said "must come to office, no mail".  I haven't asked any other expats as I don't see many around here.  Thanks though.  I'll keep trying every 90 days, maybe it will majicaly start working someday in the future.

I know this ben said before. The 90day Online reporting only works with Internet Explorer which is still available even with Windows 10 in the Windows Accesories area. I believe I.E. it can be downloaded for Apple Mac but not being an Apple user I never tested this. I have been using ever since system went live for Bangkok (CW) and only had issues when the sysyem went down for seveal months a few years ago. 

6 minutes ago, barryw52 said:

I know this ben said before. The 90day Online reporting only works with Internet Explorer which is still available even with Windows 10 in the Windows Accesories area. I believe I.E. it can be downloaded for Apple Mac but not being an Apple user I never tested this. I have been using ever since system went live for Bangkok (CW) and only had issues when the sysyem went down for seveal months a few years ago. 

I have done 7 consecutive online 90-day reports on my Apple MacBook using both Safari and Firefox. No problems.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, barryw52 said:

NOT true,

I use an have been using chrome for years..... successfully

• Like 1

I have been doing it successfully online,then I had to renew my passport,

and now I cannot do it online, understand I have to leave Thailand and re enter,

for me to be able to do it online again,so until I leave and re enter,I just do it

by post,returned in 3-5 days,so not a great hardship.

regards worgeordie

3 hours ago, Saltire said:

I have done 7 consecutive online 90-day reports on my Apple MacBook using both Safari and Firefox. No problems.

I use a Chrome addon called IE Tab.  It just puts an icon at the top of Chrome and whenever you need IE you just click it and it opens a new tab with the look and feel of IE.  I used it many times and it has always worked.

But I don't think that the message of "most go to the office" is a browser issue. It is more likely an issue with an entry or with a TM30.

Yep, in summary there is no consistency in Thailand; well definitely not in Thai Immigration.

It is what it is and will never change; uncertain, unpredictable, unforgiving, unquestionable, unintelligible, unquantifiable and unacceptable.

But as they say, "The more things change the more they stay the same"   

21 hours ago, Saltire said:

I managed to do it online twice when they first started the online registration ( must be a couple of years ago now). I used Explorer with all safety tabs turned off.

Since then I have tried every time, but been unable to do it online. I even downloaded the app to my Android phone. Still no luck.

I use the postal method every time now.

Just done my latest 90-day this morning online, again no worries using Macbook/Safari. Now showing PENDING, so, as before I give them a week to APPROVE and if they don't I will give them a quick call, and as several times before they take my passport details etc over the phone, and do it while I am talking to them. Greeted by a friendly 'that's you approved'. I always do this 2 weeks before it's due incase I one day have to go in person.

Only issue now for me is I have to go in person end January (320 Km round trip) to show I still have 800k in the bank since my November extension renewal. Can't win sometimes ????

On 12/12/2019 at 10:19 AM, worgeordie said:

I have been doing it successfully online,then I had to renew my passport,

and now I cannot do it online, understand I have to leave Thailand and re enter,

for me to be able to do it online again,so until I leave and re enter,I just do it

by post,returned in 3-5 days,so not a great hardship.

regards worgeordie

I heard about this recently as I was planning 2 trips to Bangkok VFS to renew my UK passport. I have a long, 320k return trip to my IO so I decided it was a good time for a quick trip home. The cost of a trip home vs 4 nights and travel to Bangkok was not much different by the time I factored in hotel and eating out costs. Haven't been home in a few years so will get a passport at my local office and a new TM6/30 on the way back. hopfully the 90 day online will continue to work.

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

I heard about this recently as I was planning 2 trips to Bangkok VFS to renew my UK passport. I have a long, 320k return trip to my IO so I decided it was a good time for a quick trip home. The cost of a trip home vs 4 nights and travel to Bangkok was not much different by the time I factored in hotel and eating out costs. Haven't been home in a few years so will get a passport at my local office and a new TM6/30 on the way back. hopfully the 90 day online will continue to work.

I am living in Chiang Mai, and I did not fancy 2 trips to Bangkok, so

I sent my old passport to my daughter in UK,with filled in form,she

paid money at P.O. and sent it off, a new one,together with old one 

was returned to her,she sent them off to me,by courier,about 3 weeks all

together,the only small problem i encountered was I did not have the

letter for Thai immigration, to ask them to transfer stamps,but e mailed

UK embassy BKK, and they sent me one in couple of days.

regards worgeordie

36 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I am living in Chiang Mai, and I did not fancy 2 trips to Bangkok, so

I sent my old passport to my daughter in UK,with filled in form,she

paid money at P.O. and sent it off, a new one,together with old one 

was returned to her,she sent them off to me,by courier,about 3 weeks all

together,the only small problem i encountered was I did not have the

letter for Thai immigration, to ask them to transfer stamps,but e mailed

UK embassy BKK, and they sent me one in couple of days.

regards worgeordie

Thanks, that's an option I'd not considered though posting my passport would make me anxious!

Are you saying immigration will not transfer extension stamps without the letter?

If not I will do as you did, but I assume an alternative is just to carry the old one.

2 hours ago, Saltire said:

hopfully the 90 day online will continue to work.

If you used it to enter Thailand it should do. That is another advantage of taking a trip home. One obtained in Thailand would not work for online 90 day reports until used to enter the country.