Two new camping grounds open in Chiang Mai mountains

webfact

Two new camping grounds open in Chiang Mai mountains

By The Nation

800_bab483c5707b787.jpg?v=1576043800

Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation (DNP) under Natural Resources and Environment Ministry today (December 11) introduced two new tourist attractions in Chiang Mai: Sui Tang and Doi Lang camping grounds.

Sui Tang camping ground is perched at an altitude of 1,390-1,395 metres in Chai Prakan District, while Doi Lang is higher at 1,700-1,720 metres and located in Mae Ai District. Both are part of Doi Fha Hom Pok National Park.

defgkjg5h587iae8ki5f7.jpg

Facilities in both camping grounds include bathrooms, toilets and parking lots, while each can support up to 150 people. Visitors can enjoy beautiful views of the sunrise, sunset, and sea of fog, hike to the summit of Doi Ang Khang mountaintop or follow the clearly marked bird-watching trails.

8beacib9bjifhg66eikab.jpg

For information, call (052) 080 801, (084) 4834689, or email: [email protected].

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/travel/30379294

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-12-11

It might be me. But who in their right mind would want to go camping. Ruffing it, having to trudge many yards to stinking toilets not to mention the cold and not having any hot showers. When you wake up it the freezing weather. Sorry but just not my type of fun.

Added to that it not any cheaper than staying in a hotel and having a nice breakfast with everything on suite. 

And yes I did do it once for 1 night never again. 

10 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

It might be me. But who in their right mind would want to go camping. Ruffing it, having to trudge many yards to stinking toilets not to mention the cold and not having any hot showers. When you wake up it the freezing weather. Sorry but just not my type of fun.

Added to that it not any cheaper than staying in a hotel and having a nice breakfast with everything on suite. 

And yes I did do it once for 1 night never again. 

The people that go camping.

Archived