O_A Extensions 75+ Based on Retirement ONLY.

10 hours ago, jimn said:

Of course it does there are many people doing it

I had only heard it bypasses the money on deposit requirements. Are you sure people with Non-Imm-O-A permission of stays, are getting retirement extensions without insurance using agents? Those are the only ones who need it!

Edited by jacko45k

On 12/12/2019 at 11:18 AM, Rdrokit said:

Medical insurance is not a waste as I had a motorcycle accident and spent 10 days in the hospital plus many physical therapy appointments and did not cost me anything as my Thai medical insurance picked up the complete bill.

It is an absolute waste when you have to get a second totally useless Thai insurance, just to stay in the country. While the insurance you've had for 28 years has been subsidizing Thai private hospitals at a rate of half a million yearly, for the last five years.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 8:34 AM, Go4er said:

I have been living in Thailand for almost 10 years now. 

I have a documented retirement income in excess of 165,000 Baht per month but don’t have the 400,000 in the bank.

Seriously ? 165k a month and cannot get 400k in the bank ? I live on about 50k  month with the wife and kid and still save about 10k a month easily . If you cannot save 50-100K a month for a few months you have serious money issues !

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Seriously ? 165k a month and cannot get 400k in the bank ? I live on about 50k  month with the wife and kid and still save about 10k a month easily . If you cannot save 50-100K a month for a few months you have serious money issues !

Don't know who got money issues here?

There are obviously diverging paradigms here, you seem to believe that you have to live like a native while  @Go4er has probably taken an approach similar to mine, which was to transpose my former lifestyle to Issan.  Wasn't completely successful, even though it cost me more than 165k a month.

Edited by Momofarang

Thanks for your input. I didn't provide my total situation in my original post. I support my niece and husband, my sister in-law, until recently my mother in-law (recently past away). I do live a better life style and don't go native in Issan.  Mr. Coleman is not married to my wife who likes the finer things in life having lived in the US for many years.

• Haha 1