Change Non-B to Non-ED visa

Hello,

I will start studying at a Thai university which requires me to get a Non-ED visa. Currently, I was doing an internship with a German company (employment based in Germany) and business trips to Bangkok and other SEA countries. I already have the Non-B visa with multiple Re-Entry which will be valid until 10th of February 2020, still the original visa, no extension of stay. My university, my workplace and the immigration center itself seem to give different answers of how I should proceed. I would like to stay in Bangkok for the change. 

My questions would be if it is possible to get an extension of stay based on that I will start studying now but still hold the Non-B visa? If I would have to get out of the country to apply for the Non-ED visa, can I get the visa in addition to my current Non-B visa?

I hope you understand what I am looking for. My head is already fried from looking for answers online.

Thank you!

Yes, full time study at a university here. So even though my visa is currently Non-B I can apply the extension of stay for a different reason? Is there any official requirement by the government that students need the ED visa to study or does is just depend on the university itself?

Thank you for your help!

The only requirement to apply for an extension is that you have a non immigrant visa.

It is possible that some immigration offices will say you need a non-ed visa.

You could start school on your current 90 day entry from your non-b visa and then go out of the country just before the visa expires to apply for non-ed visa if needed. There is no requirement for you to have a non-ed visa to to study.

Thank you, that sounds good. I think I will then try to stay on my current visa and then apply for an extension of stay before the end of my visa period. If they dont accept that then I can still go for a visa run and get my Non-ED.

In general, is a change of visa possible here? I saw the immigration form Tm.86 "Application for Change of Visa". So they just put on ED on my B visa?

11 minutes ago, frolekk said:

I saw the immigration form Tm.86 "Application for Change of Visa". So they just put on ED on my B visa?

That is only done if you have a 60 day tourist visa entry to get a non immigrant visa. A TM87 visa application form for can be used to get one with a 30 day visa exempt entry.

Non immigrant visa categories cannot be changed.