Russian tourist arrivals hit 1mn, overall arrivals reach 32.51mn

snoop1130

Russian tourist arrivals hit 1mn, overall arrivals reach 32.51mn

By Anton Makhrov

1575883249_1-org.jpg

Russian are still heavyweights in Phuket's buoyant tourism industry. Photo: Miguel Discart / Flickr

PHUKET: Once again Russia became the first non-Asia tourist market to record 1mn visits to Thailand. Australia, the US and European countries are yet to make it.

According to the latest statistics released by the Ministry of Tourism and Sports (MoTS), some 106,693 Russian nationals visited Thailand in October doubling the numbers for the months from May through September and showing 5.41% growth against October last year. This growth falls in line with the standard pattern, according to which Russia normally provides Thailand with around 100,000 tourists in April and October and twice as much trough December to March.

Overall Russian arrivals for the 10 months of the year totaled 1.08 million representing 2.19% decline against the same period last year. Yet, Russia still keeps its status of the most important tourism market among non-Asian countries.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/russian-tourist-arrivals-hit-1mn-overall-arrivals-reach-32-51mn-73934.php#u4BxVLK4b8UhyD18.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-12-11

I prefer Russian tourist I get on great with them when they book they have a proper holiday none of this 2 day <deleted> with Chinese and they spend money on accommodation from next week until next March we are full with our Russian guest добро пожаловать

To be looking for tourism increases (or at least not decreases), a country would have to be completely void of common sense and pride to expect a tourist to sun bathe amongst a litter strewn beach as pictured in the OP.

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

Great stuff!...can't wait to let the guys know in the "local" tonight.

They always wait with baited breath to hear from me what the latest tourist figures are.

What sort of bait? Dry flies or worms? Just to be pedantic, the term is "bated" meaning "in great suspense; very anxiously or excitedly."

Living in Jomtien, I've reached some sort of peace. Most of them are good decent people. Every country has it's louts.

I think the overall class has improved over 10 yrs ago, when the women looked like tinsel 1950's hookers and the men like KGB hefty stereotypes. Or maybe they were....

5 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

I smell something in the air from TAT again, and it is not moo cooking...............

I agree, how do they turn October arrivals into over 1 million for the year when other stats are not shown??

Once again Russia became the first non-Asia tourist market to record 1mn visits to Thailand. Australia, the US and European countries are yet to make it.

According to the latest statistics released by the Ministry of Tourism and Sports (MoTS), some 106,693 Russian nationals visited Thailand in October; thus doubling previous few months arrivals???  doubling the numbers for the months from May through September

Lots of Russians with families in Wong Amat.  Driving home the other evening we counted 9 baby carriage strollers on one short stretch of road from Centara to around Riviera.  Easy to spot since there are hardly any sidewalks and you have to drive around them in the street.  

26 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

guess it's better than Indians, though I can't say i'm a fan of letting them work illegally when other countries arn't allowed

What makes you think Russians are allowed to work illegally , any more/less than any other nationality ?

14 hours ago, khwaibah said:

Some heavyweight melons in that photo.????????

25000  a day in october give or take a few thousand that's 100 flights a day just from Russia. Wow the airport is so busy no room for us from the uk usa or europe .well done thailand once again your numbers are spot on .

4 minutes ago, tigerfeet said:

25000  a day in october give or take a few thousand that's 100 flights a day just from Russia. Wow the airport is so busy no room for us from the uk usa or europe .well done thailand once again your numbers are spot on .

Where are you getting 25,000 a day from, the OP says 100,000 a month.

Archived