How is Jomtien in low season?

Janej

I enjoy Jomtien and I'm considering coming back to study Thai with ED visa for a few months. I was just wondering how much it changes in low season? Do many restaurants close? Are there still street food vendors? Bars still populated? 

Yes. everything is closed, they turn off the lights

and the last who comes out throws the key 

On a more serious note even in low season it's business as usual in Jontiem

and you can still have bars, restaurants, street food vendors and everything you want or need

of course there is less people (And it's better for the customers imo)

Enjoy the calm season 

1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

Yes. everything is closed, they turn off the lights

and the last who comes out throws the key 

On a more serious note even in low season it's business as usual in Jontiem

and you can still have bars, restaurants, street food vendors and everything you want or need

of course there is less people (And it's better for the customers imo)

Enjoy the calm season 

Ok great! Sounds good. Thanks! 

I was there in June and July last year.  Good time to visit.  Lots of open bars and places to eat, and better bargaining power since there are not hordes of tourists.   Don't listen to any of the doom and gloom gang, their mama was scared by a bad economic report while they were still in the womb......????

Just now, Henryford said:

There is no high season in Jomtien. Pretty much the same all year round.

Which pretty much describes the tourism industry here now.  No huge influx of westerners anymore, just a steady and constant stream of Chinese and Indians, throughout the year. 

8 hours ago, Henryford said:

There is no high season in Jomtien. Pretty much the same all year round.

I live there and whilst it couldn't be described as crazily busy there is very much a high season in Jomtien. Right now the beach is very busy and the bars are enjoying increased custom.

To answer the question...low season in Jomtien still has everything you want.

On 12/11/2019 at 12:32 PM, Janej said:

I enjoy Jomtien and I'm considering coming back to study Thai with ED visa for a few months. I was just wondering how much it changes in low season? Do many restaurants close? Are there still street food vendors? Bars still populated? 

Nothing to worry about. you will be all to busy to study for have time with bars and ladies.

And forget the street food vendors. During the low season they totally refuse to cater to the thai population.

Archived