Activist Thunberg denounces "creative PR" in climate fight

snoop1130

56 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

The only "triggering" she has done is to make every person that is not a member of the extreme political left to question the truths surrounding "climate change". After some basic research most of these people conclude that it is all a big unknown, and likely just another hoax. So, she has done more harm to the green cause than anybody in history. Not exactly much of an achievement.

‘Basic’ research??

What, did Fred down the pub find this summer colder than usual and after watching a few you tube videos from cranks decide it was all a hoax? 

‘Basic’. A Freudian slip perhaps, but sums your argument up very nicely. 

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, seajae said:

she is a hypocrite, she is told what to say as can be seen when she was asked a basic question and could not answer it, she has no real idea of the world and only what she has been told.

Of course she doesn't write her own speeches. She is being used by those who do. Here's a clue: Pictured with Jennifer Morgan Exec Director of Greenpeace who accompanied her to Davos.

image.png.0d2f93330fdb59b716fd39d6c1bf9444.png

image.png.ad818041e751120e72b1d21914a8d0d9.png

13 hours ago, Enoon said:

No mystery.

She's a kid with wealthy parents and family.

Mother: Opera Singer

Father: Actor

Grandfather: Actor/Director

Mum and Dad

image.png.f1a958577a8ccb80b0b0799319cf98d9.png

Grandad

image.png.4e2a1f1159cefd959cef0227f06aacce.png

Any more questions?

Why not look at her entry on Wikipedia?

And wellknown leftist activists

1 hour ago, Antonymous said:

Of course she doesn't write her own speeches. She is being used by those who do. Here's a clue: Pictured with Jennifer Morgan Exec Director of Greenpeace who accompanied her to Davos.

image.png.0d2f93330fdb59b716fd39d6c1bf9444.png

image.png.ad818041e751120e72b1d21914a8d0d9.png

It is good to see that some people have eyes to see with.

She is a pawn and if the blonde was a male she would be called a child molester.  What this kid needs is a spanking.  I hate people who use kids to their own end.

11 hours ago, Catoholic said:

I'm a sexagenarian climate activist. For years I have eating beef in an effort to make those doom creating farting animals extinct; I drink vodka because I want to preserve the fresh water supply; and I chose to fly commercial airlines rather than a private jet to reduce my carbon foot print. I have never been invited to speak at the UN, offered a yacht or a luxury vehicle, or given the VIP treatment. Greta's prepubescent privilege is stealing my cushy retirement... How dare you!!

I don't give likes but as a white, Anglo-saxon, heterosexual male who has worked two score and two years in the hydrocarbon energy business, I like this.

1 hour ago, samran said:

The list is BS. But I doubt if facts were ever a strong point of yours. 

From memory the Philippines has less than half a dozen coal fired power stations. Two or three have been approved but whether they even get built remains to be seen given the distribution network they have there. 

Coal is now expensive compared with LNG and renewables are competitive. 

The Australian plants are uneconomical, old and past their use by date. 

Back to your angry old man Facebook pages for more false posters like that then...

Well the numbers you question look close to the ones I found on my first and second searches, with the exception of China, where the total is huge but unclear. Both searches had the Philippines with at least 19. So who is posting falsies? 

13 hours ago, VincentRJ said:

Yes, it is unusual. Perhaps there is something here which is useful and informative for thinking people. Perhaps there's a message here, that misinforming the younger generation that all current weather-related disasters can be reduced by reducing CO2 emissions, could be far more disastrous than any projected increases in CO2 levels.

We need to adapt, and get rid of this hubris that we can control the climate by controlling CO2 emissions.

Did you think it was hubris to believe we could reduce the ozone hole and spare millions of people skin cancer by changing the gas we use in air conditioners and aerosol cans?  At what point did you realize it was was true?  Was it hubris to believe that we could reduce lung cancer rates by accepting the science that cigarettes cause cancer?  When did you come around on that one?

6 minutes ago, ricklev said:

Did you think it was hubris to believe we could reduce the ozone hole and spare millions of people skin cancer by changing the gas we use in air conditioners and aerosol cans?  At what point did you realize it was was true?  Was it hubris to believe that we could reduce lung cancer rates by accepting the science that cigarettes cause cancer?  When did you come around on that one?

It's hubris to consider that rafts of floating wind farms and acres of solar panels have a zero-carbon footprint.

1 hour ago, samran said:

The list is BS. But I doubt if facts were ever a strong point of yours. 

From memory the Philippines has less than half a dozen coal fired power stations. Two or three have been approved but whether they even get built remains to be seen given the distribution network they have there. 

Coal is now expensive compared with LNG and renewables are competitive. 

The Australian plants are uneconomical, old and past their use by date. 

Back to your angry old man Facebook pages for more false posters like that then...

I wonder if Thunberg the Thunderer would be able to read this carbon report unaided?

https://www.carbonbrief.org/mapped-worlds-coal-power-plants

This source is "climate believer" if anyone's worried it comes from the denier heretics.

1 hour ago, ricklev said:

Thank you. We tend to accept the science which is popular, and shoot the messengers of unpopular science.

Carbon is only part of the problem. The other is heat.

I've witnessed bushfires in Australia over decades. About 6-12 months after a major bushfire, one could see vegetation regenerating green shoots on the trunks of charred trees. Because of that, the science has previously said bushfires are carbon neutral. Now, scientists are concerned the extreme bushfire conditions in Australia are adding to the heat problem. One can't regenerate from a tree stump. One hectare of dense bush in a bushfire generates as much heat energy as the Hiroshima bomb.

It should be quite clear solar energy does not generate carbon, nor does the electricity we generate from it produce heat. Ditto wind energy. However, there are powerful vested interests in the continued use of fossil fuels.

I sometimes think we would make better progress to addressing the problem if our youth were to start stringing up a few politicians, pour encourager les autres.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

It's hubris to consider that rafts of floating wind farms and acres of solar panels have a zero-carbon footprint.

You are referring, of course, to the energy and material used in the construction of said facilities, while ignoring the positive output of carbon-free energy.

A red herring, which is to be expected from someone of your background.

17 hours ago, tifino said:

she is a Communist plot maybe? 

. . . more likely a capitalist plot, already making millionaires like Al Gore richer by the minute.

http://www.wrongkindofgreen.org/2019/01/17/the-manufacturing-of-greta-thunberg-for-consent-the-political-economy-of-the-non-profit-industrial-complex/

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

. . . more likely a capitalist plot, already making millionaires like Al Gore richer by the minute.

http://www.wrongkindofgreen.org/2019/01/17/the-manufacturing-of-greta-thunberg-for-consent-the-political-economy-of-the-non-profit-industrial-complex/

And Trump was not elected via a Russian plot. Threads about climate change are a great playground for the conspiracy theorists.

At a rough guess, I'd say 99% of the population know diddly squat about thermodynamics, and another 99% are equally knowledgeable about Asperger traits. Two of which are total honesty, and no interest in manipulating other people.

41 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

And Trump was not elected via a Russian plot. Threads about climate change are a great playground for the conspiracy theorists.

At a rough guess, I'd say 99% of the population know diddly squat about thermodynamics, and another 99% are equally knowledgeable about Asperger traits. Two of which are total honesty, and no interest in manipulating other people.

And at a rough guess, I'd say you know diddly squat about the subject cited in my link, as you have clearly not read the well-researched and very detailed information it provides.

Hence your conspiracy theory that it's a conspiracy theory. Feel better now?

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

And at a rough guess, I'd say you know diddly squat about the subject cited in my link, as you have clearly not read the well-researched and very detailed information it provides.

Hence your conspiracy theory that it's a conspiracy theory. Feel better now?

What makes you think I want to read absolute BS concocted to appeal to denialists? It's about as well researched as phlogiston, with accompanying spurious detail.

Come up with an explanation of the  laws of thermodynamics without resorting to Google, and I might give you a bit more credence. As of now, you have none with me.

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

You are referring, of course, to the energy and material used in the construction of said facilities, while ignoring the positive output of carbon-free energy.

A red herring, which is to be expected from someone of your background.

what is positive about carbon-free energy ?

Archived